Jonathan old friend

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 151
i just got my 05 civic and i have the amps (eclipse 33230 and jbl bp 1200.1 both brand new) and im working on putting in some dynamat or other in

my question is what do i need to do first -- get a head unit, speakers or sub

i still have the 2 12" V-Max's but they wont fit

will the 33230 and infinity 6.1 pefect components work and sound great in my car

and i really want a titanium 10 or 12 but i dont want to waste the v-max's

then again the 1200.1 is way to much power for the 300 rms vmax's

so basically im just a little stuck on what to do next and any wisdom you or anyone else can give me is greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2082
How much do you have to spend right now? I'd say for now the head unit. Just gives a good foundation for the system and will control the amps. Then, I'd say speakers, and then subs.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 152
nothing huge for now like 500 bucks

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2086
And yes, that amp will match with the Perfects very nicely. Eclipse Titaniums are awesome. If you have the money to spend on one, I'd try to sell the vmaxes, maybe someone on this site is looking for one. Titaniums will run great on that amp as long as you're careful w/ the power, they tend to be underrated by a pretty large amount anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 372
i still have the 2 12" V-Max's but they wont fit

then again the 1200.1 is way to much power for the 300 rms vmax's

If those Vmax's are dvc and your hurtin for space run em in parallel in an isobaric enclosure.

You'll only need about half the space of ONE Vmax and your amp will be providing 600 watts @ 4 ohms. Could be a wonderful thing.

If you've got the svc models just run one at 4 ohms and be careful with the gains.

Either of these solutions could provide decent sound till you find what you want subwise.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 155
jon - are the titaniums really underrated or they actually run at 750 rms

if they only run at 750 would i be better off running 1 tdx at 1200 with my bp1200.1?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2175
I've run 1000+ RMS on one on a daily basis w/o problems, and when Eclipse recommends a system they recommend you use their 1000 RMS mono amp on that sub. I've seen people run 1500W RMS on them w/o problems, they were just careful enough to utilize it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us