12w6v2 vs. 10w6v2

robob
Unregistered guest
I listen to Reggae and dub, Sublime-esque music. I want clean accurate bass w/ sufficient power, i was thinking about a 12w6v2 or a 10w6v2, they both take the same amount of wattage, would the 10 be nearly just as loud and more accurate? which should i get?

robob
Unregistered guest
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 822
12 for lows all the way

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 337
Hey sean(or anyone). Do you know how the 10w6's compare to the 10w7's? aside from power handling/SPL that is. I'm just talkin SQ/efficiency.

thanks

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2062
A lot of people (competitors included) prefer the W6v2s over the W7s for SQ. The W7s have more excursion, equaling longer voice coil, larger gap, more inductance, etc. As far as 10W6v2 vs. 12W6v2, I like the 12". Better balanced and same power requirement, so why not get more displacement? SQ of both is close.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2063
If you read the review of the 12W6v2 by Car Audio and Electronics magazine, he calls it "the best subwoofer he's ever tested for CA&E". He had tested the 10W7 prior to that, if that gives you an idea. I feel it's a very well balanced subwoofer if you're willing to fork out the $$$.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 343
Yeah at this point I'm more worried about SQ that'll fit my application. I'll wait til I get the money for the RIGHT sub(s). I'm gonna be at 1000 watts @ 1 ohm or 500 @ 2. If I go two subs (which I would have to to get 1000 watts w/ w6's) I'm a bit worried that I'll be overpowering my mids and highs or wastin money on extra drivers that I don't need since I'll haveta turn the gain down anyways.

What about a single 10 or 12 say a brahma or an IDmax. Sure would be cheaper and I can get either in a "1 ohm" version. I like playin low and all but mainly I'm into SQ(got some classical I listen to) and gigantic drum hits. :-)

My 10w3's are startin to get on my nerves. Hopefully things will improve when I get this new amp, but if they don't....... They probably are not so hot. I played the first track of "Dark Side of the Moon" like you suggested and i could defintely hear that heartbeat as much as I could feel it.

I dunno. I should probably try a sealed enclosure, but after looking at winISD I don't see how you can get the extended bass response with sealed as opposed to ported.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 363
Any one seen Bump Bailey around here?

:0

-Fishy

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2115
By the way, Fishy, that heartbeat does eventually move into audible range, it's at the very first of the track that it should be inaudible. Needed to clarify that, after a certain point you should hear it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us