Am i in the dark ages or what?

Bronze Member
Username: Dinkster9

Post Number: 13
Maybe my hearing is way worse than the average person? First off i loved my BOSS amp before i came here :-). Secondly my before the amp blew (after a few years) my blaupunkt casablanka cd player was the coolest thing i ever had!!!, i mean besides the sound being near perfect, the cobalt blue lights with silver and black trim really livened up my blue and black interior! Of course astetics is only 20% of the game :-).

My question is, isn't blaupunkt a good brand? sure they have different lines with different quality, but for god sakes they come factory in many high end foreign cars, (and who buys a $100,000 with a crappy radio?) sure room for improvement, but good out of the box type of thing!

Anyway, I was looking to replace my deck with something that didn't cost a bundle that had enough outputs for my system, looks are kind of important, extra features not really...MP3 is a must. The Casablanca MP54 isn't too outragous for pricing and seems to have a BILLION features, good pre-outs, nice equalizer, lots of options and great looks. Anyone have any beef against it?

the Casablanca CD52 is the one i love the best for looks, but for the life of me i can't figure out if it plays mp3's or not. (and could their web site be any slower...its like going to zebaudio)...

If they are okay, anyone have any suggestions on a cheap place to get one...if they are bad, please comment on why, and what a better brand might be for under 300 bucks. Sure i loved the new line from eclipse, but i ain't putting something that's $800 in my car :-).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us