Something funny

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 143
Ok here is the story, I just got done with my english homework, and thought to myself damn i was to go listen to some bass.....So after getting my head bit off by my parents, i jumped into my 99 ford tourus and took a ride. I have 2-12'' V-Maxs hooked up to a 1200w sony amp, and a 1 Farad cap. I just got done making a cd from all the Posts on "The hardest hitting basslines" and thought i would go take a listen. The box i have them in has 2-4''x10'' ports and is 4.7 cubic feet tuned to 34 Hz. Right now we are adding onto our house so i stole some fiberglass insulation and packed it into my trunk, and made sure none was touching the woofer cone during movment. I was listening to "smoke weed" cant remember the artist, but it was loud, very loud, enough to make my lights dim and my mirror almost fall off, and there was terrable trunk rattle. So I was just wondering if dynmate would help me at all in this problem? Thankx, hope ya enjoyed the pathetic story.
(P.S. That same night I drove by the police station with it on 24/34 and they had some sort of meeting going on and everyone that was inside turned and looked at me. I felt proud of myself :D)

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 37
haha lol

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 208
Uhh, dynomat would help a lot, but the most rattling is probably your tail lights. I have the same problem. I have no idea what to do about it either, I've tried some stuff with no results.

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 44
put somethin behind ur lights like a sponge or somethin thats wat my friend did and it made a big difference

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 134
your liscence plate probably rattles too. put a piece of cardboard behind it or something.

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 146
Ok so i was just going to buy a trunk kit from the car audio place downtown and it is a dynamat trunk kit for like 100$ or something, now will that stop my trunk cover from rattling off? Will it sound any better? im gunna buy the kit from the money i sold my audiobahn aw1000q's from :P HAHA

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 795
steven check this alternative to dynamat out

funny story by the way

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/76225.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 796
opps wrong link try this one

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/337124/6

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 142
have you tried the ice guard stuff sean?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 209
So what, do I just like glue a sponge to the inside of the trunk, behind the taillights? That should work I guess.

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 147
hey thankx sean ill check that out, lowes is like an hour drive to get to....blah!

Silver Member

Post Number: 812
yw steven lol. (i tried) (erik) I havent used the ice guard yet but i plan too; but my car is only temporary so im waiting. Ive read articles on the quietness of a car after going the whole 9 yards on the car with matting. Heck one guy compared it to his wifes luxary car and being even quieter than hers after they were done the whole project.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 205
here is one alternative

http://www.sounddeadeningmaterial.com/home.html

here's another

http://www.coollizard.com/Lizard_main/logo.gif
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help