Connecting my iPod to my Sony head unit

Username: Fantomfreq

Post Number: 1
I went on a mission today to connect my new iPod to my Sony CDX-CA700X head unit. There are a couple of outputs and an input on the back of the unit. When I plug the unit in with a simple heaphone jack to RCA converter it doesn't work. I tried resetting the head unit, hoping that it would recognize the iPod to no avail. In the manual it gives vague instructions on how to use a CD/MD unit, and I figured it would work for any audio device. Please tell me that this is possible and that I don't have to get a FM transmitter for it!

Username: Tikiman7

Grand Cayman

Post Number: 7
I tried the same thing. The Aux ins only recognize Sony changers so you have to use an FM transmitter or an adapter like the xm-300.

Unregistered guest
I believe you have to get an extra bit of kit from sony. Its something like xa- 90. You might see that in your manual. it allows you to connect several changers or aux to the head unit. costs about £90! there must be a way of tricking the head unit though, its my mission to crack this also!!
Mr Barry

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem. I thought you could just connect through the RCA inputs in the back of the unit. has anyone found a way to make it work?

XTech84
Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem hooking up an XM Receiver to the Sony head unit. It just won't see what you have plugged into the RCA in. Let us know if anyone knows how to fix this problem!!!

lucyGeneric
Unregistered guest
Sonofa Me too. I was speculating that plugging in a jack-to-nowhere in the MD i/o port may 'trick' the unit into thinking it had a valid MD unit attached. You rekon?

Unregistered guest
I went to a car stereo place today after being assured that my iPOD could be hooked up to my Sony CDX-CA700x, but I was told otherwise after the guys checked out the unit. So, I've been sitting here at my computer ever since searching the web for a solution. I came across this page: http://www.carplayer.com/whatisit.html and I'm praying that this is what I'm looking for. Please have a look and let me know what you all think. If the CDX-CA700X has a unilink port in the back, then I believe it's do-able.

Disconnect
Unregistered guest
They seem to be selling it for $189. So.. for twice what the Sony piece costs you can get slightly less. (Well.. depends on how you feel about your stereo remote I guess. But it doesn't do unilink passthrough to CD/MD, it doesn't talk to laptops and other devices, etc...)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us