LISTEN to this...

88porshe
Unregistered guest
Dealer told me that they don't make components anymore and that inorder to have good sound quality I'd have to purchase an amplifier!! anyway...

I have a 88 Porshe 928is, with a alpine headunit purchased about 2 yrs ago. I recently had a dealer install (2) sets of speakers(kicker 6.5). The car orginally came with components, but the dealer told me that they don't make components anymore. So now I am left with a system that sounds worse then before, and a dealer that lied to me!!! I would like to replace the kicker speakers with components, but I do not want an amplifier or to lose any more money, I just want great sound quality that is worth the money. What kind of speakers should I get?

I was looking at the alpine type-r, mb quarts, or infinity... they seem to be the highest price so I am thinking them will sound the best. Any opinions guys?

Bronze Member
Username: Atreyurock

Post Number: 25
infinitys are good. if your going to get them though, spend the money and get the perfects. cdts are another company with good components.

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 74
mb quartz tickle my pickle... heard infinitys in the exact identical setup and mb quartz beat em by a lil. i agree with tom though, if ur gonna get a system, get the best for that brand. i learnde my lesson for swapping systems and at the end i threw 2000 down the drain by underselling my current gear to get better stuff. mb quartz or infinity mosdeff. diamond audio is kinda ike the brother of mb quartz, they sell for less but dunno if u wanna go that route
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us