NEW GUY HERE (need help)

Username: Cereal

Post Number: 1
ok so here's the skinny. i've been running two alpine type s dvc subs with a rockford 360 a2 amp and a rockford power cap. Just recently the amp crapped out on me (had it for over 4 years). im thinking of streamlining my system for the upcoming car that im about to purchase (2dr hatch). now i was shoppng around and i think im gonna go with just one of these:

ALPINE FLAGSHIP SWX-1242D TYPE X 12" SUB
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

specs:
-carbon fiber/aluminum honeycomb cone
-high-roll Santoprene rubber surround
-cast aluminum frame
-dual 4-ohm voice coils
-frequency response 23-200 Hz
-power range 500-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil)
-peak power handling 3,000 watts
-sensitivity 83 dB
-top-mount depth 8-11/16"
-sealed box volume: 0.65-1.25 cubic feet
-ported box volume: 1.0-2.0 cubic feet

now im trying to keep my system all alpine, cuz i heard its better to stick with the same manufacturer instead of mixing and matching (plus im alpine bias :-O)

so if any of you out there could point me in the right direction as to wich amp (alpine prefered) would be most ideal for this sub, id be most appreciated.

oh by the way does alpine make power caps? i havent been able to find any.

Anonymous

i dont think they make caps but the aline m1001 should b good for that sub. Its a 1000watt rms sub wit a 1000 watt rms amp, but there is way better stuff out there for the money of that sub juz mi opinion

Username: Cereal

Post Number: 2
thanks for the input. i can get it brand new for 250. couldnt really find anything else in that price range with this kind of power. nuthin that i trusted anyways.

Username: Thehammer

Mount Holly, Nj US

Post Number: 5
they sound good man they hit hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us