Custom sub boxes??????????

Top_Dawg
Unregistered guest
I want to put a box into my 81 monte carlo but i dont kno what your sapposed to do with the rear speakers do u build the box with space for the speakers or what... also does anyone know the demensions for the raised platform of the trunk any help would be helpful thanks alot for your time and effort

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 791
from what Jon and others say rear fill is not necessary. He suggests using seperates with the money saved. However i have done rear fill when using factory locations and have definately seen better imaging when doing that if factory locations is your goal over just the fronts in with factory locations. I will admit that because your speakers are further from you when doing fatory rears it does require more power to equal it all out. (because of distance mostly) Now if you want to go the factory locations drop them in but be sure to get baffles for the rear speakers to sperate them from your subs. Then simply build your subwoofer box around your desired demensions.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2008
This explains the technical side of it, and also how you can get good results with rear speakers. Phasing issues, etc. http://www.teamcaf.org/geolemon/Phasing/Multiple.htm

Also, read this article on absolute phasing. Very informative.
http://www.teamcaf.org/geolemon/Phasing/Phasing.htm

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2010
Rear speakers aren't always bad, but for pure SQ, you're usually better without. If you bandpass crossover rear fill and cut the level, midbass drivers can add ambience. In small vehicles, I don't recommend any rear fill b/c the vehicle will have reflections off the back wall of the vehicle as it is. With larger vehicles like Tahoes, etc, they see more benefit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us