I am totally new at all of this car audio stuff and need some help

Username: Dabeast41

Post Number: 2
Hey i am about to turn 16 and i want to get a system for my car asap. I know almost nothing about car audio. The only thing I'm sure of is that I want a system that will hit hard. So any advice as far as what to get, how to wire what are good brands and all that jazz for a newbie would be great. Also I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money on it seeing that Im going to leave for college in 3 years. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 187
Well, how much is not much to spend? And do you want hit to hit as hard as you can get it without having to buy a new alt, or do you want relatively good sound quality too? And how much room will you have to be working with in your vehicle?

Post Number: 4
well i dont really know how much i want to spend because i dont know what i would have to spend to get a good deal, i want both good sq and the other one? sry im new, i want it to be reasonibly priced, as of right now i am more concerned with subs and an amp. any suggestions are awesome
-thanks-

Anonymous

Before you buy subs and an amp, go buy some nice component speakers and a nice head unit.Choose from alpine, eclipse, or infinity. Then maybe you should get an Adire shiva in a sealed box and a nice amp that puts out around 600-700 rms. MTX, JBL, Infinity, Rockford (power series), and Kicker make pretty nice amps. Choose from those. This should cost around 1000 dollars.

Post Number: 5
thanks for that input but i knew that i had to get the head unit and speakers, i was more concerned with the brands and prices for good subs and good amps

Anonymous

An Adire Shiva is around $130. A Rockford Punch HX2 is around $115. A Cewin Vega V-MAX is about $90. All 3 of these would be great for a sub. You will only need 1 which would make for great sq. A nice amp that puts out the 300-600 RMS that these subs would need will be around $300-$400.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us