Power Acoustik FUBR Series 10" Subs

Username: Phogsten

Post Number: 1
Are these subwoofers any good? I purchased them at BestBuy as (return to stock) for $50.00 each. I had a $50.00 gift card so I was only out $50.00 for both subs.

I am planning on using is my Soundstream REFERENCE644s Amplifier to power these subwoofers. The Amp I was going to use (Hifonics Cyclops) is blown.

The SS Amp is rated as follows:
300 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms bridged
320 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm bridged.

Based on this should I wire each sub to 4 ohm or 1 ohm (based on the above ratings)?

Thanks,

Paul

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 137
what are the configurations on the subs? i mean, are they single voice coil, or dual? and how many ohms are the coils? i'm not familiar with power acoustik. you would probably want 1 ohm bridged, that'll give you more power.

Username: Phogsten

Post Number: 2
The subs have 2 ohm dual voice coils. Therefore I can configure each to either a 1 ohm or 4 ohm load.
If I had a mono sub I would run both subs at 4 ohms to see a total impediance of 2 ohms.

The Amp is a 4 channel therfore can be bridged into a two channel. The Soundstream REFERENCE644s Amplifier is rated as follows:
300 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms bridged
320 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm bridged.

Based on this should I wire each sub to 4 ohm or 1 ohm (based on the above ratings)?
It seams as though the power going into a 1 ohm load should increase more than 20 watts (yes or no)?

Thanks,

Paul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us