Cerwin Vega vs. Adire Shiva

Bronze Member
Username: Dabeast34

Post Number: 22
Ive been told by a lot of people on this site that both the Cerwin Vegas and the Adire Shiva are both good subs that i will get good sq and spl out of, i was wondering which one of these is a better sub and which one is a better deal, here is their info

Adire
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_shiva /

Cerwin Vega
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13950

I know that the Cerwins are a little cheaper but if it is worth paying a little more for the Shivas let me know, so if you could look at both of these and tell me which one is a better brand and a better buy
-Thanks-

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 294
I'd go Shiva

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
So the shivas are a better deal for what i am getting, even though they are a little more expensive? because i am lookin at buyin 2 12" subs. What makes the shivas better than the Cerwins though?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 182
they are both awesome subs..you need to get out there and try to sneak a peek at them yourself because of how similar they are. most people say youll get a little better SQ out of the shiva and some say youll get a little more SPL out of the vegas. take space into consideration, i know the shivas take up quite a bit more space than the vegas, ported or sealed. its just whats more appealing to your ears. im sure youll be very pleased with either of the 2 subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks, so these two subs are the best ones for under $130. Ill be gettin the best bang for my buck out of either of these? If so then i will start to look into them more and start to anylyze them myself.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 247
for you this wont matter. but for anyone else looking into buying 1 of these 2 subs. if you are only getting 1 12" or w/e size instead of 2, then the V-Max would be to your advantage if price has any bearing on your choice. The Shiva only comes in a dual 8 ohm which means you would either need a 300w @ 4 ohm mono amp or a 300w @ 4 ohm bridged 2-channel amp. for the v-max you only need a 300w @ 2ohm mono amp which is usually alot cheaper than either of the other choices.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
well i am planning on getting two 12" does that mean that i would have to look into a different amp than the ones that you have mentioned if i were to get two 12" instead of just one?

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 253
nope. i said if u get 2 it doesnt matter. i was just stating that incase someone read upon this and wanted only 1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
oh ok i got it so getting two of the v-max wont matter, even though they are the svc version, or will this limit the choices i have on amp selection?

Bronze Member
Username: Sqman

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 16
No, two subs running at 4 ohm can produce either 4 ohm x 2 (2 imputs into your box, one for each speaker) or combined parallel to make 2 ohm, or series to make 8 ohm. Dual voice coil will just give you more choices....but also complicates thigs a little. have dual imputs @ 4 ohm each and run a stereo amp, or a single imput @ 2 ohm and run a monoblock amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us