24" sub??

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_dub

Louisiana United States

Post Number: 20
I seen a herse on one website and it has 3 mtx 24" subs in it.Can you buy them from a store or they were just special made for that person?What is the biggest car audio sub you can buy?

Anonymous

I never seen it but my friend told me about it.The biggest sub i ever seen was a 18".

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1948
Audiobahn made a 34" sub, but I wouldn't use it. Mainly to show off more than compete.

Bronze Member

Louisiana United States

Post Number: 21
Can you buy it from audio shops or have them order it from somewhere?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1949
You used to could buy from sounddomain, etc., I don't believe it's made anymore. You'd have to search ebay. Like I said above, I personally wouldn't use it. It is NOT a musical sub, it's for test tones only. If you want to get any daily use out of it, you're better off looking elsewhere. I'd look elsewhere anyway, like two good 18s. It's also a 5,000 RMS sub, I doubt you'll get an alternator (or two, or four) that'll power the amp to run it well. It ain't cheap, either.

Bronze Member

Louisiana United States

Post Number: 22
Does brahma make any 18" subs or x.x.x?

Bronze Member

Louisiana United States

Post Number: 23
Are 18's good for spl competitions?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1952
For SPl competition, I'd recommend Digital Design 9917s or Resonant Engineering MT 18" subs. And yes, they're good for SPl comps.

Bronze Member

Louisiana United States

Post Number: 24
Thanks Jonathan,are 18's better than 15's?Does 18's have any other good bass like mid or high instead of low bass or the 15's have more than the 18's?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1953
15s typically respond better up high. The benefit of 18s for SPL is sheer surface area, you have to have it for SPL. But, a large, heavy sub takes a lot of power to move and if the motor isn't strong enough, then the sub won't respond quickly enough to produce SPL. I don't recommend anything larger than an 18". It depends totally on your goals and personal taste on the 18s vs. 15s issue. An 18" isn't practical in an everyday (or any occasional listening to music) experience, but if your goals are SPL then they're likely right for you. Depends on the sub totally whether it'll sound decent w/ upper bass freqs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us