Strong amp for a diamond tdx 12?

Anonymous

Im planning on getting 1 Diamond audio tdx12 dual 2 or 4 woofer. Any recommendations on a good amp for that woofer? I would prefer sticking with the same company. D7 series of amps. Just clueless on which to get.

Username: 01gsxr

Post Number: 66
the d7402 is a realy nice amp 1600 wats at 4ohms. diamond reckamends this amp to drive on tdx 12. The amp is pricey it will set you back a 1000 min. I got a price of 1300$ from a diamond seller by me, but you can look around to trie to find one cheaper. I was going to get 2 12tdx with 2 d7042 amps but got to pricy, thoue now you can get thos subs for 350. The place by me wants 750 a sub, but online thers some really good prices. I ended up getting 2 13w7 with 2 Jl 1000/1. But I realy like the tdx nice sub. You no they only can go into a ported box, thats wat diamond sed,thats ollso why i didn't get them, 2 12 in a ported box taks up a lot of room .Diamond also sed you have to break them in so dont pound them hard the first couple of weeks.Good luck and great subs. The D7 7042 is a owsome amp a lot of people dont give them the credit the diserve. that amp also only hase a thd of .02 thats sick.

Anonymous

Hey keith, If I do go with the d7402, Do I have to run the 1 woofer (dual 2)series or what. Thats if I do go with the dual 2. Now with a dual 4, how would I wire them to the d7402? Also, if I do decide on going with the d7402, where online can I get the best price for them because my dealer out here wants too much money for them. If you know of any websites, let me know ok. I live up in N.J. so if you live up my way or even in ny, let me know.

Username: 01gsxr

Post Number: 75
You want the dual 2. The 4 are if you are going to run 2 or more subs. diamond D7 amps are only 4 ohm stable connect to sub in sreies + to - on one side an on the other side connect to the amp and thers your 4 ohm sub.So you had it right get the 2dvc tdx. now if you went with the dual 4 ohms tdx and wired it in series it would be a 2ohm load and the D7 amps cant handle a 2 ohm load. I live on LI NY and the best prices I got on that amp was 900$ on the Island. there verry hard to come ocrose online I dont think Iv come acrose one on line yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us