Best AMP for 2 I7 Kickers?

Username: Kevinc123

Lexington, KY United States

Post Number: 5
I'm receiving two Kicker I7's, and I'm curious as to which cost efficient AMP (or 2 MONO) would be the best for the money. Also, I'm new to the whole sub scene. I have full Pioneer components with the Pioneer DEH-1500 (http://www.epinions.com/pr-Car_Stereos_Changers-Pioneer_DEH1500_CD_Player/displa y_~full_specs) in-dash cd player as my main component. I'm hoping that these Kickers will be as good as they are supposed to be, but I'm just confirming that my system will be able to handle these subs fine, and which amp (or 2, like I said) would be the best for me. I drive a 1992 Infinity G20.

Thanks Guys,
Kevin

P.S. - How hard would it be for me to install the sub(s) and the amps? Is it pretty simple with a proper walkthrough

Post Number: 6
These are 12 inch subs, by the way.

Anonymous

I had a punch 1000 on two L7 12's and they were starting to bottom out when i turned it up all the way.These subs hit.

Post Number: 7
Anyone have any opinions on what I should get?

RERT
Unregistered guest
retail $300-500
JBL 600.1
Kicker 600.1
Phoenix Gold XENON 600.1

retail $600-800
Kicker kx 1200.1
JBL 1200.1
Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1

No need to go to the 600-800 price range. The top three should drive your subs hard!

Post Number: 8
I can get the KX1200.1's for $300, would this MONO amp get the full power that I would need for my subs?

Post Number: 9
I'm not clear on how a mono amp can control 2 subs here. Sorry, like I said I'm new to this :-(

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 159
If you can find one the jbl bp1200.1 or the kicker kx1200.1. A mono amp is more efficient and it can easily push 2 subs if not more depending on the impedance of your subs and amp. For to l7's make sure you get the 4 ohm dual voice coil model. Use this link to help you wire your subs to your amp. make sure you use the 1 ohm diagram for those amps that i mentioned http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us