Building new system thinking ADIRE SHIVA's

Username: Ids

Post Number: 1
Ok im very new to all this so far the only thing ive done is add a ALPINE CDA-9830 HU in a 1999 HONDA CIVIC LX 4DR. Next thing i want to do is add some subs. DOne some reading and the best thing ive come up with performance/prise wise is ADIRE AUDIO SHIVA's . THe other prob im having is determining if i will buy 2 or 1. Can anyone recommend what i should buy , Im not looking for the best system just something better than your average joe. Correct me if im wrong but i need about 3.4 ft^3 sealed box for 2 shivas is this right? Also from reading i heard that 1 shiva will do me good. From all this can someone please point me into the right direction on WHICH amps to choose with either a 1 or 2 shiva setup. I'm leaning towards phoenix gold for amps because i can get them a bit cheaper than other amps. I'll appreciate any advice givin. Please let me know if im steering in a bad direction!

Bronze Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 57
Ok, for the subwoofer, you have a great choice. The shivas are great subs, the only thing is they are butt ugly lol. But if that isn,t a problem well you've got a good sub. It has 300 rms, so you will need a 300 rms amp. Go with an Mtx amp.
Check on ebay for this amp: MTX Thunder 421D
It's has the same rating as your sub.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 58
Btw, u only need one sub, they hit pretty hard.

Post Number: 2
OK thanks. Now what kinda box should i get in cubic feet wat would you reccomend? also the specs on that amp are 210 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
420 watts x 1 at 2 ohms is that gonna work fine with this i read shiva is a dual 8 ohm so then id only get 210 watts to the sub correct? i dont know if im right i still dont exactly know how to choose amps for subs etc maybe u can point me in right direction so i can figure one out cuz i was leaning to get a phoenix gold tantrum amp or titanium since i can get one at a better price than that MTX.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 64
lol
Ur right, i facked up lol
Sorry m8...
Let me check on that one again.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 66
ya your amp will be just fine. Sorry bout mixing you up lol

Post Number: 3
ok so i can use a Phoenix Gold Tantrum AMp that can do 75W x 2(4 ohm stereo)or 300W x 1(4 ohm bridged) and use it at the 300W*1(4ohm) mode no problems ? Ok another conisderation the rating is 375RMS ont he sub can i use a PG XENON 400.1 amp to power the shiva its rated 400W X 1 (4-1ohm)? Can this amp blow the sub ? ALso can you help me find out what exact box size i need for 1 shiva in a sealed enlcourure ( i read sealed will give best performance)

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 71
Yes, u can use the PG XENON400.1, if it's only 25 watts rms more, it won't hurt the sub for squat. Yes also, the sealed box will have much better performance. U will probly be able to hit around 3 db more than a ported box. Ask in the subwoofer section for the box size, they will tell you better than i will
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us