Good quality 4x50rms amp?

Username: Dinkster9

Post Number: 4
Well, since my last Boss audio feasco, i've been doing lots of research on a good 4 channel amp. Found lots i like, but nothing terribly near my price range :-).

I have a set of eclipse point source 5x7's in the back and a set of CDT 6" mid range drivers components in the doors. Both are rated at 50rms at 4ohms. I have a set of 3.5" kappa Infinity in the dash rated at 25W RMS, so i'll probably just run those off the decks power.

Is there any amps out there that can do clean great SQ 50x4 rms at 4ohms normal power (12v) Extra options etc aren't terribly important, just good clean power!

The kicker is that i was hoping to not spend much over $150 for the amp...is this possible?

I was looking at the ORION 4004 but its over $200

I don't need the best in the world, something from the "good" catigory would work also! If someone would be so kind as to list down a few amps that would work and street price / quality comparisons: lots of people could benifit!

Thanks

Username: Lamf77

Post Number: 2
Hi,
I just installed a US Acoustics amp at 4X65 and I love it. Now I just need a sub. Check out thezeb.com. The website is slow, but their prices are really good.
The US Acoustics amp is slight more than $200 but a great amp and a great deal.

Post Number: 5
I was considering getting a Xtant 604x - Four Channel Amplifier. Its going to run a bit (okay a big bit) over $200 but it appears to be a great amp and a bit more rms wattage for future expansion.

So far i've heard great things about the xtant, any opionions on it?

Thanks for the reply on the US acoustics. Anyone else have any other ideas on a really good quality 4 ch amp rated at 50w rms 4 ohms?

Bronze Member
Username: Udloze

NSW Australia

Post Number: 12
another is the alpine MRV-f340 is a really good quality amp at 4 channel 55w RMS @ 4 Ohm

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 226
I own an Xtant 4180c and the amp is incredible. Do you know how big that 604x is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39742%26item%3D5721834485 %26

Its bigger than either the 1001dx or x1001 and is Xtant's largest at over 23.6 inches long. I kinda think it would be a waste of quality power on your rear speakers, but that might just be me. If your dead set on Xtant you might try picking up a 2200ix and gettin a cheaper/smaller amp for rear fill. But hey if you have the room knock yourself out. You could always use half the amp for subs if 300 watts is enough. Regardless, you won't be disappointed in the SQ of that bad boy.

-Fishy

-Fishy

Post Number: 6
Thanks all for the input, i decided to go with a MTX Thunder 4244 4 channel amplifier. Does everything i need it to do, can be had for a great price (off ebay) used but that doesn't bother me. And they are rated well under their auctual power rating. Not to mention its compact (thanks for pointing that fact out about the xtant fishy, not sure where i would have put a 2 foot amp).

For $100 bucks, what do you guys/girls think?

Username: Ericaraudionut

Post Number: 2
I sold mtx at circuit city for years and they are underrated good amps. The only piece of advice i have for you is this, in all my experience with mtx quite a few came back with burnt out channels because customers always fiddled with the amp settings after i set them. don't mess with the eq and x-over to much. once you achieve a good sound leave it be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us