Just got another system quote, how does this pricing sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 40
Orion 6.2 Component Speakers for front
Orion 10" P10D2 or P10D4 <-- 2 of first or second
Orion 800/2 amp
Wire kit
Custom Box
Installation
Orion 300/2 amp

Total: 2085

How does this sound?

head unit is not included, but im going to hopefully buy something on ebay... How does this pricing sound, and how do you guys think this equipment will sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 34
wow well im not sure how good those subs are or the speakers but they better be pretty good for that much though i dont know how much installation is either so i would say its on the high side.

though depends on the specs

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 41
i mean, i could get it for many 500 cheaper if i buy some stuff online, but its not even worth the hassle (to send in, wait a while, and everything) ... this place is right near my house ...

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 112
no bad idea, you can get much better equip for cheaper TRUST ME, Jonathan should say somthing!

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 615
yeah, 2085 and you only are getting 2 10" subs and no head unit. BullSh*t. I would go on ebay, do and you could come out with a system with 2 12"s a headunit and everything else listed for half the price.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 42
uhm, i cant fit that
i have a 2002 chevy silverado and i want to keep my back seats ... so the only option is to put it under my back seats .... http://members.cardomain.com/comet345

also, im not going to put 2 12's under the seat just because i can, and as a result not have proper air-space, etc ...

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 45
yeah, orions are good subs but you crazy for that price. you can definately get them for cheaper than that. you can get way better for cheaper. ask around for more opinions about what to get. what are you looking for in a system?

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 37
for that price you get like four of those orions

plus alot more im getting

2 amps, 2 12" subs shivas 375rms, 2 12" 360max total subs in a box, a vented box for about just under 800 one of those amps is a kicker kx6001 and a ma audio amp.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 43
i know orions are decent .... but i havnt heard the p-series in playing music ... but i know they are comparable to the JL 10w3v2's ...

what am i looking for? BASS ... but nothing distorted ... and like i said, i cant fit much w/o sacrificing leg room and or my back seat, or bed space... i want to keep all of the three...

and yeah, i know i can buy cheaper online, but like i said, im going to save around what ... 500 bucks, wow ... id rather pay the 500 more and not worry about hassles of online warrentys and all that bullshit... this place is right by my house, and if anything goes wrong, i can bring it in and thats it ... 500 dollars is not worth the hassle ....

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 209
Alex, it you want good subs you may wanna think about Adire Koda 10's.

also you could put 12's under the back seat of your truck, i have a buddy w/ the same model truck as you and he has 2 12's under the back seat in a down fire box....if you're worried about air space for 12's you could knock the piece of wood in the middle of a down-fire box out (the one that separates the two chambers) and just have 1 chamber w/ 2 sub in it.

thats just a suggestion though...

2 10's will sound pretty good though...JL w3v2's are nice.

if you have time own your hands (alot), you could design an enclosure kinda like mine:

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/southern1inla

It has GREAT SQ! Kinda hard to make the brahma fit and still have the back seat though.

like i said though...2 10's would give you some nice low-end.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 44
hmm, really .... i know, you can make an interconnecting chamber and theoretically have 1 box ... was an idea of mine, and i think that is what is going to be done, but the measurements that im calculating (doesnt seem that it can be done given .75 inches of wood or .5) ... and from what i know, having 2 12's is not going to make MUCH of a difference as opposed to 2 10's ... i mean, i know that it would hit lower notes harder .... but, not really by much ...

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 45
yeah, 2 12's will not fit, i mean, yes they will, but the air space will not be the proper amount to spec... even with the center connected, to connect each box ... so 10's are it. anyone have any ideas as to if this is a good setup, good price (again, veer away from the fact that I can save 500 bucks by going online, except I am most likely going to buy my head unit online), and if this will sound nice.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1889
Real food, I totally agree w/ you Marshall, kinda makes me want to go to Mardi Gras this year :-) 2085 not including head unit, and installation is needed? I'll leave you $500 bucks for install and box. I think you could do better personally. Remember, you don't necessarily need 2 12s. One would do if it's a good one. Go to www.woofersetc.com (I'm not saying they're the cheapest, I'm just posting this site b/c they carry it all and this simplifies the process, you can look for better prices).
Try this:
Dynaudio or Focal Utopia 6.5" components, go to $500-600 bucks for either.
Eclipse 33250 amp for the components, 130W RMSx2 at 4 ohms. $269 bucks.
MTX T942 amplifier and an Adire Audio Brahma 12" sub, with one you'd have plenty of room for airspace. $350 or so for amp, $380 for sub. If not, a 10" Brahma would work.
Go to www.knukonceptz.com for wiring.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us