Why Is Bandpass Bad???

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Post Number: 18
Whats wrong with a bandass?I have 1 and I love it. I have to 10s in it runing 150watts Rms and it sounds like my car is going to fall apart becouse the entier care vibrates like Hell.U no whats the wourst thing is thats there Boss Subs and a Phoenix amp pushing them.

Username: Ericaraudionut

Post Number: 1
you, my friend, have yet to learn the difference between sound quantity and sound quality. I've been in the car audio business for years and take my word there is a big difference between loud boomy bass and tight bass that cuts like a razor.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 300
Word! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 84
DISSSSSS, noway man....there's lots of "bandpass" boxes that sound great. the key is having them tuned to the subs acoustic characteristics along with the car's, and if done right they can sound majical, did i spell that right?it seems right but looks weird, hmmmmm, oh well....... oh ya, bandpasses!,,, good

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1892
Yep. Bandpass gets a bad rep from the people that use them for one note wonders, though (which is typically the application) Any bandpass you can buy usually sounds like crap. It takes a lot of careful planning to design a great bandpass box.

Bronze Member
Username: Ericaraudionut

Post Number: 15
what i wrote was based on a couple of things. first off almost any enclosure can sound great if it's planned and built properly, but this guys sayin' his car is rattling apart, and i'm guessing the box is pre-fab. 9.9 otta 10 bandpass boxes sound like g a r b a g e. see'em on a daily basis.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Post Number: 19
LOUD BOOMING bass is what i was going for i dont realy like the tight bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us