How do u kow??

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Post Number: 21
How can you tell if a sub thumps hard!! Like do you look for Watts, db, ect??

Anonymous

Well, if they tell you how many dbs it will hit than that is what to look for,IMO.The more db it will hit the harder the sub will thump.But if it doesn't tell you the db than you can look at the watts,usualy the more watts it holds the harder the sub will thump.

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 43
dude thats not always true. a x.xx , brahma, or vmaxx dont take a lot of power to be loud. its almost all about how efficent the sub is in using the energy, also look at the xmax and stuff...dont just look at the wattage. wattage does not equal loudness. also the more the area the louder as well...look at that kinda stuff and not just the wattage.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 198
the install and the type of vehicle are MAJOR factors in how loud or how good the system will sound.

for example...

i have a braham 10" in a ~1.6cuft ported enclosure, it is set up as more of an SQ system. i hit 132.6db this weekend (in a truck).

another guy put that exact same sub in a 6th order bandpass box and hit a little over 147dB (in a car).

its all in the install!

Bronze Member
Username: Udloze

NSW Australia

Post Number: 22
i dont think you would be able to get 132.6 db out of a single 10" sub

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 200
i hit 132.6dB this weekend w/ one brahma 10",
great SQ too.

here is a pic of my enclosure (before i carpeted it):

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/southern1inla

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1869
132.6 is very possible with a single 10" sub.

Anonymous

What I meant was that if you have a sub that holds 1000 watts rms it will hit harder than a sub with 100 watts rms.I know that is not always the case but most of the time it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us