Need info plz

Anonymous

wat could b the highest estimated db a re mt would hit? And it says its not for the spl applications onli, y cant u have this n your daily car if u love bass? And does nebodi no the rms on 1 of these?

Anonymous

any answers

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1864
I honestly haven't had experience w/ the MTs yet, there's no telling. Just the 12" alone could do 150s if done correctly, probably, note that this is assuming a SPL vehicle in itself, sound deadened and with a proper size and tuned box for SPL. HUGE excursion on that sub, I think 40+mm linearly. It's a strict SPL sub, and doesn't give a thermal RMS rating because it's intended for SPL competition, RMS need not apply because SPL competitors give short bursts of huge amounts of power. The reason it would make a bad daily driver sub is because SQ wasn't a priority, they didn't care about resonance, bandwidth, or accuracy, they cared about how they can make it the ultimate SPL sub. The extreme nature of the sub just makes it bad for a daily driver SQ/SPL sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 25
Dont be dumb, youl get tired of it being that loud and sounding like crap, just get the X.X.X and youl be happy, trust me

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 150
The reason why we say most subs arent made for daily driver, the box for that much spl would take up your whole trunk, so forget about going for groceries and taking the kids with you. Forget about going on long trips because most if not all spl car i have seen they have no spare tire lol. So b4 going crazy with a spl sub you have to consider alot of things unless your a baller and you have a everyday car and just want to use this one for competitions, and like audio said you will just get tired of driving sounding like crap. An at a high level spl like that you would go deaf a n a lil over 125 can make your heart stop.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1876
It takes much more than 125 to make your heart stop. But that 150+ will be a "one note wonder", tuned to the resonant frequency of the vehicle, hence the huge SPL out of it. Unless you listen to test tones all day, you're better off w/ a different sub.

Anonymous

ok thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us