What Amp should i get

Username: Chary

Dominicab Republic, Santo Domingo

Post Number: 1
I have two 12" Cerwin Vega vmaxx's but i still don't have amp, i want to know what amp should i get for those subs.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 729
do the mtx 6500 d or the mtx 801 d both are around 200 new 6500 d tends to be cheaper and set the gains lower and your good

Post Number: 2
are these good subs? Or should i change it for others. I want subs that hit very hard, i want to know if this vmaxx's are good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 730
yes they are good and if you want the most spl and drop do the 15's with those amps i recomended (single voice coil version 4 ohms per sub)

Post Number: 4
buddy i am ney on this. What is SPL, and what did you mean when you say Drop do the 15's.

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 30
spl = sound pressure level, pretty much BOOM!, eh don't really need to goto 15's, you can go 12's as long as they are put in a right box they can get pretty loud, and yes Vmax is good for the price

Silver Member

Post Number: 733
just means the 15's will play the lower notes a little better and you have more cone area for more air to move which helps make things louder but the sacrifice is the accuracy of the speaker the 12's will play best all around for mid and low bass

Post Number: 8
in which bos should i put it, i dont know nothing about this. I want to know in what type of enclosure, and what amp i need to move the 2 subs.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 183
the JBL BP600.1 and the kicker 600.1 would work well with the VMAXs. if you want them to hit the hardest (or go the loudest) build or buy a ported enclosure, with 2.6 cuFt PER sub tuned to about 33hz. make sure theres enough space in your car for a 5+ cuft box

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
good recomendations as well steven has his in 6 cf total ported to like 32 hz and he hit like 142 db in his car but the box doesnt have to be that large it can also work well in 4 cf total its up to you concerning the space you have or want to give up

Post Number: 9
I want to know what means DB.

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 23
decibels, with every 10 decibels the loudness doubles.

Anonymous

Db means loudness the rules appli with wat orlando said

Post Number: 10
One question, there is not a cheaper amp. Because the kicker and the jbl are very expensive

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 185
i didnt say they were cheaper, i said they would work well with the 2 vegas. the JBL can be had for around 200$ off ebay, and 240$ off other car audio sites. the kicker is a little bit more but can bring more performance out of the sub. if you dont want to spend that much look into hifonics or mtx

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 22
I would use the JBL 600.1, you only want to run 300 rms to each sub for a 12" im not sure for a 15"?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us