JLW7, MTX 9500, Rockford Power T2 series, Kicker L7 or Orion H2 -- Which is the best?

Username: L3xdog

New york, Ny Us

Post Number: 1
JLW7, MTX 9500, Rockford Power T2 series, Kicker L7 or Orion H2 -- Which are the best sub? Help...I have a set of Orion 12 H2(the new ones) but I am selling them cuz was told I didn't have enough power ie. Rockford BD1500 wasnt enough. I didnt want to go completely def heh, (at least any more thanI already am), so I decided to go with something a little bit less power because the Orion's need 2,000 watts RMS/sub and I have two.
So which do you recomend for a GS300 which will slam the deepest without taking up my whole trunk and by only using my BD1500?

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 128
i would do sealed re xx x or adire brahmas. they are in the same league as the w7 but cost less. jl audio jacks up their prices good products though. u would probably hit close to 150 db and be clean. that rf amp would be perfect.

New york, Ny Us

Post Number: 2
blare what are xx x or adire brahmas? I never heard of them before? Where can I get infor on them?

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 41
www.reaudio.com for x x x and www.adireaudio.com for brahmas

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 35
ya i gota brahma and im very close to 150 if not breaking it almost all the time. im hard on my sub but it takes it. Adire is an awesome company, so is Resonant Engineering. Their X.XX has a bit more advantage when it comes to SPL but in SQ I think that brahma has a VERY slight advantage. Both r great subs around 425ish new. i got mine used and its lasted for about a year now. its a great sub. you will be VERY happy with a brahma or a X.XX.

New york, Ny Us

Post Number: 3
where can i see prices on both subs and which would you recomend with a BD1500?
I had a pair of Orion H2's but I sold them cuz my installer told me they would need two BD1500's to be at its peak. I want low bass? What do you recomend?

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 65
michael anthes, you don't really think your doin a 150 do you? with one sub? tell us what your amp is, i'm not bein a jerk, i'm just curious

Username: Thurman

Champaign/south beloit, Il

Post Number: 1
he might be right be right i know you run 161 but that 11db takes ten times the effort i dont know he might be close
not tryn to throw one at at ya man

Username: Thurman

Champaign/south beloit, Il

Post Number: 2
hey Suren Marajh what do you want for the h2s?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
WHAT EVER, he said he's only got one woofer

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1834
The 15" ported can approach 150 though. Depends on a lot of things, though, like vehicle, mic used, etc. It's possible, though.

New york, Ny Us

Post Number: 4
Jason sorry but they were sold today for $600. I regret it now though.

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 36
ya i tested it at my local audio shop and it said about 151. It wasn't the newest kind of mic though, but it wasn't like it was that old either. In my car you can't hear it very well outside the car, but that is good because I want all my sound inside my car. Raises your spl when it stays in. I put dynamat in my trunk, on doors, and on my roof. I just sold my older amp and bought a jbl bp1200.1 Its an awesome amp, much more powerful than the hifonics bx1000d. So considering this I think that its very posible for me to hit in the lower 150's to upper 140's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
thats not enough power to do a 150, 146 at best, which still is very loud!

Username: Sqman

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
the h2 kicks serious a$$...use 1 h2 instead of 2 you will be happy...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1840
Actually zac, one Brahma 15" is capable of displacing about 3-4x the air of one of your 9500 12" subs, at least within linear limits, mechanical limits will show different results. It has over twice the linear excursion of a 9500, plus more surface area being a 15" sub. Of course, mechanical excursion among other things will affect SPL, but the Brahma would show a little more SPL than two of your 9500s within linear limits, given box design, vehicle, etc. were similar. The Brahma also has an extremely flat BL curve, meaning very little compression at high levels. A Brahma in the right ported box can hit 150. Power isn't always the deciding factor, a sub that reaches full excursion w/ 300W will hit the same as one that needs 1000 to do it, given the same excursion, surface area, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 27
really... so the 10w3v2 can be viewed as comparable to the 10w7 ...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1849
No, the 10W3v2 doesn't have the surface area, excursion, motor strength, or linearity to attain the same SPLs. I'm saying that if you had two subs that were EXACTLY the same as far as excursion capabilities, motor strength, etc. and did so with different power levels, then they'd hit nearly the same.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1850
For example, take one sub that has a 20mm xmax and needs 300W RMS to reach that excursion in a sealed box, and the surface area is 500 cm^2, and take another sub that has the same 20mm and 500 cm^2 surface area and needs 1000W RMS to get there, motor strength is about the same, linearity is the same, then both subs will hit very close to each other. The sub needing 1000W RMS is just less efficient. Audiobahn would be a good example :-) When you begin talking about ported and bandpass boxes(giving huge amounts of power at tuning), tuning to the resonant freq. of the vehicle, mechanical (instead of linear) excursion, things change a lot, it's a totally different ballgame. You also have to consider that subs are rated differently, power ratings, parameters, efficiency, are all measured differently between a lot of companies, so what you see on paper is totally different than what you get in the real world.

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 29
Yeah, efficiency. I know a little about that :-)

Unregistered guest
i have a kicker kx 800.2 and a kicker kx 600.4 i want to set up a system in my 99 yukon.i want to know wich subs should i get that will hit the loudest and hardest being powered by the kx800.2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us