Kenwood amp

Bronze Member
Username: Metall1cfan

Post Number: 20
I bought an 800Watt Kenwood KAC-7251...

Something is still not working right though...the subs are definately getting pushed....just not much sound is coming out of them...when there is no music on they still bounce up and down alittle...does anyone know why?

is it the frequency? my subs are 2ohm...and the amp says it is too...any ides?

Anonymous

check your ground.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
yeah...they show a ground coming off the RCA cables..but we already got a ground going from the amp(next to the power) to car...do i need to ground it out with the RCAs too?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 194
how do you have your wires run (RCA, Rem, Pwr, and Grd)???

how big are your Prw and Grd wires?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 195
Might wanna check the polarity on the subs. If they are hooked up backwards they can cancel each other out. Are the subs wired in parallel/bridged? If they are there's a quick way to check the polarity. Turn off your system and gently push on one of the subs. This will induce a bit of current in the voice coil which should move the other sub. If they are wired in phase they will move the same way together.

If your subs aren't wired in parallel you can use a small battery to check polarity. Hook the positive of the battery to the assumed positive connection on your box then touch the neg to the neg. If the speaker moves OUT you've got it right if it moves IN you've got em backwards.

The speaker rumbling with no music I don't get tho.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I just moved the ground wire to a different location, but the problem persists.

The rca, power, and ground wires are all hooked up right. The control wire from the head unit to the amp is good too cause music is coming out fine, but when i put it on pause the subs pulsate(sp?) ...anyway...

I don't know what gauge the power, and ground wires are but they are big. I really need some help..im going insane...this is like 3 weeks of this BS

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 205
Disconnect your rca's to the sub amp and see if they still pulsate. If they don't that sounds like low frequency "noise" to me. If your rca's are running down the same side of your car as your power wire you might want to separate them. I had that same thing a very long time ago but for the life of me I can't remember what the problem was or how I fixed it.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us