Cdt vs infinity kappa

Username: Newb

Post Number: 72
any opinions? the cdts seem to have more selection and a wider price range. and what do u guys think of cerwin vega components? what exactly do u look for in componests as far as specs?

i was thinking about getting new separates up front but leaving the factory coaxials in back for rear fill. can i just run the rear speakers off the HU and get a 2 chan amp to push the separates? any amp suggestions if i get the cl-61, i believe theyre 90w rms
www.thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Components.html

Username: 01gsxr

Post Number: 76
chas I must have listen to 15 diff sets of components before I made my diss. I herd the boston z, boston pros mb Q series infenty perfect, and some focial components to. There were abunch of others to alpine Exc.... I went down to a car audio place by me that caried diamond Audio and asked the owner if he had a set i could hear. He brought me in the back gave me a demo in his car. he had the hex A600 in the front and a set of 6 by9 in the rear and this car sounded great I was hooked. they had sounded better then oll the others I had demod except the focals but they were double the price. Trust me go with a set of hex a600 and you will be very very happy. They have a rear fill on the crosovers so you can hook you rear speakers up to them. So thats 2 6/1 2 1 inch tweeters and 2 crosovers that your rear speakers hook up to for 400$, get a nice 300/2 amp 150 wats rms at 4 ohms and ooooooooo bbbbbbabby they sound great. You owe it to your self to at least demo them in a car and then decide for 400$ thes components compete with other components that are 1000$ and more.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 750
Infinity Kappa and Pakka Perfects are good
CDT are good.
it's subjective as to which you prefer.

Post Number: 75
so there isnt any objective things to look for with component speakers other than wattage output? so what makes infinity and cdt better than say road master or sony speakers?

Post Number: 759
a lot makes them different.
when you get into higher end speakers however, the real differences aren't in build quality anymore.
the differences are in design and approach. some will have brighter treble than others, some may offer better imaging, and so on.
it's really subjective at the higher end as to which sound better to you.

Post Number: 76
glass crossfire and phoenix gold components average in ur opinion?

also ive read that the cdt components require a big mounting depth. i didnt see any depth dimensions on the cdt website. any experience with these? any way to make sure they fit other than taking off the door panels and givng them a try?

Post Number: 789
contact CDT or possibly check www.thezeb.com
I think they might list mounting depths.
good prices, too.

crossfire and PG, yeah, average.

Post Number: 78
guy at the local shop was tryin to sell some kick panels. he said they were extremely better than original factory mountings. he also said the farther away the speaker is from the listener the better it sounds. but i thought for mids and highs, they sound better at ear/head level. does having a tweeter right next to ur foot going to sound good? r they worth the $150?

Username: Zen936

Post Number: 31
Was kinda looking at the Infinity range of 6 1/2 Component Speakers. There were three models I saw.

1. Kappa Perfect 6.1
2. Reference REF605CS
3. Reference REF6000CS

Ok I know you guys would say the best would be the Kappa Perfect, but if you were to choose between the REF605CS and the REF6000CS, which would you take?

Oh and to Chas, word around this forum is that The Infinity Kappa series are THE components to get. Especially the Perfect (if you got the money)

Post Number: 884
you don't want the speakers right by your head. you want some distance, yes. that way you get a better soundstage, and better imaging. you also get better dispersion, so you get a more realistic feel to the sound.
the kick pods would probably be a great solution if factory spots are bad.
look at the Infinity Kappas. cheaper than the Perfects, but better than the Reference.

Post Number: 79
why do ppl like to put tweeters in the pillars right in front their face? if distance improves sq and resonance shouldnt putting them in the pillars sound the worst?

Post Number: 892
the pillars work well if you use the very bottom of the pillar by the dash. that gives enough distance to work and it raises the soundstage.
another good place is in the door, as high as possible, but this can introduce phase problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
i tried looking up speaker sizes for my front door but crutchfield doesnt have info for an rsx. sound domian says i need a 7" for the front. can i use a 6.5 with some kind of adapter? i couldnt find any mounting depth info for an rsx either. im assuming anything under 3 inches should be ok..any thoughts GW?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1118
sure can use an adapter ring, or just make one from plywood.
easy enough to do.
if you have access to a spot welder, you can doo an adapter in sheet metal, too.

Bronze Member
Username: Gecko

Post Number: 29
I would very highly recommend the CDT component sets. I have a pair of these in a '95 civic running on an xtant a-series amp and LOVE them. the only set i've heard that I like better were either 3-way components or Focal Utopias either way they were both waaaaay more money than the CDT's. In my opinion they blow away the Infinity's. Also, they are a little deep, but if they fit in a honda civic with only a 3/4" baffle they should fit in your car the same way.

At least try to find a dealer to listen to these and the Diamond Audio speakers as well before you put the money down.

As for the kicks... the idea is to get the speakers as close as possible to having both the right and left speakers the same distance from you and at the same angle away. Sound becomes more and more directional the higher it gets hence why tweeter placement is critical.

Hope that helps
-Pete

Gold Member

Post Number: 1128
Utopias are great. I like the DynAudio System360 set myself though but again you're talking street cost of $800+ for the set.

Anonymous

should i buy the infinity kappa speakers 9603i or infinity reference speakers 6935i ?? thanks

Anonymous

Going back to the components, I heard both and prefer the Infinity Reference over the Kappa. It's all what you like to hear, I like the silk dome tweeters, they also have a very flat response. You don't have to spend a ton of money on a system as long as it sounds good to you.

Anonymous

I'd get the Kappa 6x9's over the Reference. They have external crossovers and give good bass due to the CMMD cone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us