Best Sub for 200$ ?

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 22
Well i have about 200 to spend on a sub and i was wondering what you think would hit the hardest for that much i heard that 1 most of the time can hit harder then 2 smaller ones so im going for that unless you know of 2 that are Great for the Deal.

Thanks i want to get this amp

MTX THUNDER 1501D MONO AMP 1500 WATTS

Im not sure what the rms is but im guessing for these amps (at least hoping) its about 1000rms maybe more maybe less dont know but

Thanks Ahead of time.

Maybe the MTX Thunder8500 12" for 235 but i think two 8000 could hit harder but i could be wrong.

Bronze Member
Username: Wrestlertreece

Post Number: 98
I've been Told Brahma is the best but its lil over your budget.. but i've also been told that Shiva is a really good one to go with though it may look like $h!t

-Cowboy Up

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 173
for 200$ you might want to consider 2 12" VMAXs (178$ shipped from http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13950 )or 2 12" Shivas (over your budget by 50$ tho from http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_shiva / ) either sub would pound. you should look into a better amp if you decide on these subs, youll only need 300watts per sub for the VMAXs to reach full excursion and i think 350watts per sub for the Shiva. maybe the JBL BP 600.1 (if you can find one) or the Kicker 600.1 either one would match up better than the MTX you listed. whats the most your willing to spend for sub(s) + amp + box + wiring..etc ?

BigYellowTaxi
Unregistered guest
Tyson....you "KNOW" you want the MTX 1501d and don't even know what power it puts out? I think a few guys on here have said before, you don't go pick out an amp, and then go find a sub that works with it. Your subs are the important part, they creat the sound. You pick out the subs you like first and then get an amp to power them.

You're doing it backwords.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 176
well put ^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
lol yah ive been told, well actually i found a sub then i got an amp then i found a better version of it then i decided i wanted just maybe 1 good sub so i posted here and i postedt hat amp well i can change.

For everything ill spend a max of 700-800

less if possible, beside those normal thing amp, box, wiring, sub ill need a second amp (if the amp i get is mono) for my speakre system and another wiring kit plus a block. I may end up getting a deck but thats not included with that money to spend i could get more for a deck easily whenever i just planed about 700-800 for the other stuff less of course is always better but i can go for about this much includding shipping htough

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i looked up the shivas they look good for 250 with shipping is fine.

I was also looking at the blueprints 1 for 225 1000rms would that hit harder then the two with sufficient power or is that brand bad?

ill get the two shivas now the amp ill start looking at Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Sorry for tripple post no way to edit a post, I found a cheap 2004 Kicker KX600.1 Mono Amplifier Amp
so im gona get one of those with 600rms power itll underpower by about 100 watts which isnt a whole lot so i think ill be fine

but it says that on the site that

Some other items you may need:

3" Port Kit

4" Port Kit

Dual Input Cup

what are these exactly will i need them?

im gona get a 4 gauge amp wiring kit Does anyone know if this amp can use 4 gauge? im not 100% sure Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us