How is the Boss PD4000

Username: Wrestlertreece

Post Number: 3
I'm lookin to buying the buss PD4000 but i was wantin to know how good it was first...And what modifications would i need to make to my car so i wouldnt blow anything..?thx guyz

Post Number: 8
guess nobody knows or nobody cares....

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 121
dont get it its a peice of junk for the money u can get somerhing better how much do they run and i will tell u something better for the money.

Anonymous

It blows

BigYellowTaxi
Unregistered guest
Yeah, boss isn't so hot

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 180
Poor realiability, severely over-rated, not advisable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
its bout 300 dollars on yahoo shopping at Ultimate-sounds.com its like $419

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
How are Deisel Amps?

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 126
for 350 well actually less u could have something like a mtx 1500d wich gives what its rated and will power almost anything u throw at it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
tell me where i can find the MTX 1500d at...will yu?

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1016
hmm id go with a kx1200.1 or bp1200.1 instead of the thunder1501d

theyre much more flexible with different impedance levels especially the bp1200.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
ok thx i'm still tryin to check these things out.. i mean i'm kinda limited on space..till i get a bed cover...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
OK... Now can someone tell me what is better the Thunder 1501 or one of those 1200.1's that its__bacon was talkin bout??????

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Um....well. The JBL 1200.1 is a little more flexible in that it can produce 1200W at 2 or 1ohm.

KX1200.1 just has different specs 300wx1(4ohm), 600Wx1(2ohm), and 1200Wx1(1ohm). I wouldn't say it was more "flexible" The MTX in my opinion has an advantage as it puts out more power @ less resistance. 750W(4ohm), 1500W(2ohm). Just depends on the application and what subs you get.

That's why I say Jacob....AGAIN....pick out your freakin subs FIRST!!! Then get the right amp. :-)
How do you plan on setting the subs up in you '69 El Camino?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Its called a truck bed with a cover :-) and a hole in the back of the car with some selant for no leaking..lets just say i may not know much bout stero equipment for being 15 but i am one hell of a mechanic!

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1019
ok well still doesnt giev a reason y u shouldnt pick out your subs first

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I know bacon.... i already got my stuff picked out i think...
I think i'ma get a couple of Shivas and couple of MTX 12's.. i'm sure u all know more bout audio then me so i'm takin your advice...

Anonymous

jacob....if i where you i'd go w/ a pair of shivas and a JBL BP600.1...or if you have room 4 shivas and a BP1200.1.

that would be a good setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
You dont think the MTX 1501d will do a good enough job or u just recomend JBL?

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
Truth is the MTX 1501d wouldn't power 4 of them properly, and for 2, it would be too much power.
If you want 2, stick with the Kicker KX600.1 or JBL 600.1. If you want 4 use the JBL BP1200.1 or Kicker KX1200.1

Do not try to power 2 Shivas and 2 MTX subs off the same amp. If you want to run 2 differen't kinds of subs, you need to use 2 different amps IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
ok thx..do you compete Mazda?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
OK...now tell me.. what kind of amp/amps should i get to run 2 Shivas, 2 MTX subs and the MTX Trio.. I think i'm going to run a JBL BP 1200 for the 2 MTX subs and the MTX Trio but what should i use to run the shivas? something that would do the job and be cheap like in 100-200 dollas cheap mabey lil over

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
I only compete w/ my brother.

You're nuts dude. You want to run the Good amp to the "so-so" subs and you want a cheap amp for the Shivas. Yes I said get the subs first, then the amps, but that doesn't mean to go and make a bad decision on the amps.
Why the hell do you want that many subs anyway? Maybe it's just a maturity thing, but I try to keep my ride as quite as possible on the outside.

First of all, can you tell me/us what model the MTX subs are?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
OK mazda i didnt mean like a crappy amp for the shivas.. less u think i can only get a crappy one for round that price. but i want somethin that can push em good..According to you guyz it dont take much to push em thats why i didnt think of anything high for an amp with em..

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
Okay, I might have went off a little bit, my sincere appologies.

What model are the MTX subs so we can figure what they'll need to run if you even need them.

You're looking to spend about $260 on the Amp for the Shivas (at least for the ones I would use) which would be the Kicker KX600.1, MTX 801d, XTANT A6001

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
aight all thats good i'm lookin to running the....MTX Road Thunder RT10X3A 10 Tri-Sub Loaded Enclosure and 2 MTX Road Thunder RT12-44 12 DVC Subwoofer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Mazda would i be doing better or worse if i got a Phionex Gold Mono amp ?

luther
Unregistered guest
you can get the kicker Kx600.1 for $150 on google. good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
thx Luther but i'm already lookin at the KX1200.1 or the MTX 1200.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
I don't know man.....I don't know. You can't run all that stuff off 1 amp yo. You just can't.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
i know u cant..If i could then i'd prolly do it.. but i think i'ma look at Sound Solutions to see what all they have in mind sell alot of Kicker there so we'll see

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
Yeah, you can see what they suggest, and then buy it off the net cheaper! LOL. I think that's fun. See what these places suggest and then buy it cheaper MWUUUUUHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAA.
Damn I'd hate to be a salesmen.....wait, sometimes I am.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
lol yea..U ever herd ron white.. and the Car Salesman? remines me of me..lol....Yea then have them install it since i no absolutely NOTHING about it..lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
The "yea then have them install it since i know absolutely NOTHING about it" is bout the buying speakers and amps off the net..

Anonymous

dont you just love it when to guys at the audioshop dont have a clue about the stuff they sell!

some of them at a shop near where i live just love sony, boss, and audiobahn.....hey think audiobahn puts JL to shame! also they no one round here even knows Adire, RE, DD, and MMats even exist! its like a few of my friends and me are the only people within 200 miles that these companies even exist!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
Then you've got one of the best kept secrets. You can put everyone else to shame.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Sounds like where i live....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us