Building a system

nonamer
Unregistered guest
I am building a system for a friend. He has plenty of money to spend. How does this setup sound.
2 12 or 15" Re X.X.X. or 2 Brahmas which is better?)
2 JL 1000/1 to power each of the 2 subs. (will this power them)
A wiring kit from knukonceptz.com
Where should I get a new alt from? How many amps should it be.
also thinking about some eclipse speakers. What kind are best powered from the jl 300/2 because thats the amp hes getting for them. thanks in advance for the advice.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 201
Look at the Dynaudio or Focal stuff for components (Since the dude is loaded). Also JL XR/ZR and Infinity Perfect 6.1 components.

Yes, the JL 1000/1 will power the X.X.X. or Brahmas.

www.knukonceptz.com is great for the wiring. Go for it, sounds good to me.

Anonymous

yeah, i was making sure it would power them since they are rated 1600 rms. Also, would u go w/ the brahmas or the x.x.x subs? They are both good, but what are the pros and cons of each?

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 124
the 1600 watts is a thermal rating u can reach xmax with alot less power. the xx x is a little lower in sq but a little higher in spl than the brahma. brahma higher sq slightly lower spl. both excellent subs.

matt77
Unregistered guest
the JL should be enough for em but there a pretty penny u can get just as good for less look in to jbl 1200.1

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 228
Matt, I don't know that the JBL is as good as the JL, but it would work and is a good stable amp. I would however take the JL over the JBL.

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 36
what about the hu or do h alrighty have one

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 37
what about the hu or he alrighty have one

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 109
I think that might be overkill unless hes trying to make a car to liguify your ears lol

I would get 1 15 eclipse titanium and save 1000 on the amp and 500 on the extra sub

and put it in a phat ported box - you will prob save like 2k dollars and lose 2 or 3 db only

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 111
eclipse for speakers is prob not the best if he really wants to drop cash like that go with the perfects ...louder than dyn audio although most consider them to be not as warm but this guy sounds like he just want something that crushes not something he can listen to a symphony on lol

matt77
Unregistered guest
yea i know the JL is better than the JBL but i was just sayin it would save u money cause the JL is more expensive

Anonymous

Matt77,

"the JL should be enough for em but there a pretty penny u can get just as good for less look in to jbl 1200.1 "

You said that JBL was just as good for less. I don't believe JBL is just as good as JL, otherwise everyone would be buying JBL and JL woudl have gone out of busniess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us