Jl 10w3d2v4 or adire shiva 10'

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 28
considering the air space, and the way JL is underrated and the fact that I will be giving the setup a JL 1000/1 amp, which would sound better? Honestly, I've never heard of adire until this forum, and I was wondering if 3 JL 10's or 3 adire shivas would sound better or hit harder? The jl 10w3d2v4's take 300rms, while the shivas take 350rms, but keeping in mind that the jl 10w3v2d4 is forgiving in air space and underrated... comes to the question, if the box permits either of these two different brands, what would be the pros/cons or advantages and disadvantages of having one or the other?

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 31
correction, the shivas are 375rms and 650 peak

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1851
The shivas are actually 375 per voice coil, 650 RMS total. But, that is a thermal rating and they only need around 300-350 RMS to reach full excursion in the right size sealed box. If you can fit the Shivas, I like them better than the W3v2s and the 3 Shivas would hit harder, but you really need to make that opinion yourself, try to find someone around who has one. Remember that the Shiva is a 12" sub though, they don't come in 10". Honestly, the Shiva needs about 1.75 cu ft per sub sealed, so W3v2s would probably be your best bet if you're cramped for space.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us