What speakers?

Username: Ryan_l

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 10
Is it necessary to have speakers in the front and in the back? I am considering buying boston pro series components for the front but I dont know what I should get for the back? Speakers aren't my top priority because all I listen to is rap. What should I do?

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 33
boston pros are great speakers, i am currently using them and i think they sound great. for an idea sound stage you want your sound to seem as if it is comming from the front of the car. one of the reasons i pick pro's were because they can handle a lot of power and still sound great, i also listen to rap. get the pro's and try them, make sure you power them correctly (100 watts) and see how they sound. if you feel you need more mids and highs add another pair in the back. and see how that sounds. the problem here is what sounds great for me my not sound good for you at all.

Bronze Member

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 11
I was going to buy the dynaudio 360 but I heard they aren't necessary if you listen to rap. Also I found a great deal on a jl audio 300/4 amp. Would that be a good amp or should I get a 300/2?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1708
Not unless you want to hear the subtle nuances and extreme sound quality of rap. (Thats an oxymoron isn't it? :-)) Anyway, no Dynaudios aren't the answer for most rap fans, you probably want something with a stronger tweeter, Dynaudios are very soft, subtle, accurate, but won't give you the bright treble you're looking for (probably looking for, anyway). they also aren't as loud as some components. A lot of rap fans tended to like the MB Quart Q series, at least in my experience, because of the Titanium tweeter, it helped balance out when you have big subs in the back. JL Audio XRs have good treble as well, and Focals. The JL 300/2 is better if you just plan to run front components with it, I'd advise you to spend all your money on front speakers, IMO rear speakers are a waste of time and money and really don't have a lot (if any) benefit to the soundstage of your vehicle.

Bronze Member

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 12
I think i'm gonna stick with the boston pro series because i found some for $300. Whats the difference between an aluminum and titanium tweeter?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1712
Titanium is a little brighter, but harder to design correctly b/c of the resonance. Metallic tweets in general tend to give better high end response (about 16-20 khz) but of course there are soft domes that are exceptions. They also tend to be harsher than soft domes because of the high end response and the resonance. Proper installation is the key to best results, if you install the tweets beside your ears it's pretty much guaranteed to hurt your ears when the volume is up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us