Need good speakers for front fill...

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 150
Ok, my stock front speakers are like, 3 or 4 inches, I'm not sure, but their really small circles. And with my sub going, you really can't hear the words and stuff the greatest, and when you do turn it up loud to hear everything, it sounds like crap. So I know I need new component speakers. I was figuring on just getting 2 new ones for the front, with crossovers. I don't want to spend a ton, just something that will sound acceptable. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 11
I know i got a set of pioneer's in my car. They sound GREAT, speacially that i don't listen to rap, the sound comes out water clear (heard better but still top of the noch for the price). This is all i can say, i haven't heard much else.

BuYAH
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I hate when I hear a guy subbing there azz off but dont hear a damn word coming out of the speakers or it just sounds distorted as hell. I'd say go with some Infinity speakers, they sound pretty good, also what kind of HU do you have, that may also make a difference in your sound

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 151
It's a poineer hu, puts out 50x4 watts. I kinda want to run the speakers off the hu, but I know it probably won't be enough power. But like I said, it doesn't have to be kappa perfects, or rainbows or whatever they are called. I just want something that sounds ok for a good price.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 152
Ok, the cheapest I can get the 3.5 inch 2 way kappas is like 50 bucks shipped off eBay. That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Would these work, or can you guys think of anything else though would still sound good, or better, maybe even something cheaper? Remember, not a tweeter, something that can handle a little wider range of frequency's, since it's the only thing that will be handling stuff other than bass in my car.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 153
Also, along with the above post, what are up with these polk woofers? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3275%26item%3D5721473224% 26 , are polk any good, And how are Audiobahn component speakers. I know I'm gonna get a bunch of crap for Audiobahn, but I just wondered. I've never heard anything against them, just flak for their subs. And what about Kicker 3.5" 2 way's?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 154
Or soundstream, I know their good, or how about the Infinitty Referenc's? Gosh, somebody help me before I go crazy.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 155
any1?

Bronze Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 13
Ya, if i we're you i woudn't touch audiobahn, if u wan't more information bout that, go ask Jonathan, he will be pleased to tell you the same story he says over and over ;P . Now for the polk woofers, it doesn't even say the numb of watts, you would have to find out, cos Polk have a couple of low wattage subs, ask and see....
The kappa 5.1 and 6.1 are the best thing u can get, better the 6.1 than the 5.1 though. The sound comes out of them Crystal clear, but u will have to pay the price.... look at boston pro's, a/d/s's, dyno audio

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 28
ive had polks and alpine type s in my car. yesterday i heard some infinity reference speakers, and they sounded really nice! keep in mind, im not a professional, i only have circuit city speakers to compare them to, but the infinitys were great. im getting some (if not the kappas or kappa perfects) for my new ride. just as clear, if not clearer than the alpines, and more bass too!

the speakers i got were the best CC carried at the time, before they had the infinitys. i'd definately recommend them. ive heard wonderful things about the kappas and perfects too.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1722
Joe, IMO the kappas are the best bet in your case. Bass isn't a concern with 4" speaks, although they have SOME midbass, it won't impress. IMO the Kappas are the best for vocal clarity and treble out of the ones you mentioned. The Perfects only come in 5.25" and 6.5" component sets, which won't work with your application unless you are willing to cut your doors to fit them(it would sound better, though). It generally doesn't take a lot of power to get most sets of 3-4" speakers going, the head unit should be just fine. If you want to spend a little more, MB Quart makes a 4" component set for all their speaker lines, also CDT makes some nice 4" component sets, at least as nice as a 4" system can be, they come in braxials as well(can mount the component system like a coaxial, w/o the drawbacks of tweeter interference).

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 156
Thanks for the input finally. I probably will Dnd up getting kappas, and by the way, these don't go in the doorts, their in the top back of the dash, in below the windshield, if that makes any diff. at all. But, I am still wondering how the kicker and soundstream 3.5" two ways sound? I know they are both good names, and I can get those cheaper of course than Kappa's. And no, I don't need anything impressive as in bass, I'm not looking for bass, just speakers that will put out good sound for everything else, other than the bass.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1723
I was just saying that your only option if you chose to use Kappa Perfects was to cut your doors and install them. Haven't heard the Soundstreams, but the Kickers are pretty good, I still like the Kappas better though. Better midrange and treble on the Kappas.

Anonymous

ok me too i have the same problem but with me i have a 800watt visonik amp and i need 6x9s n the second row and 6.5s n the front ne suggestions dont want 2 spend that much money but round 250-400

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 157
Ok, here's the Kicker's I think I might go for them, I don't feel like spending enough to get Kappas. Does anybody have any other suggestions, for speakers besides the Kicker's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14937%26item%3D5721300619 %26%26

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 158
How's that sound?

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1017
those look fine, should be a nice easy connect up to your HU and should sound much much better than the crappy stock speakers

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 159
Hey bacon, would these be that much different?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14937%26item%3D5720414113 %26%26

The only thing I really noticed was that these are 5 watts less. Would I notice it? And I still haven't heard anybody say anything about soundstream.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us