Which way to position sub!!

Anonymous

I just bought a 2002 Mercury Sable LS and I am trying to figure out which way to position my sub. I have a JL 10W7. Right now I have it facing away from the seats in the trunk...so when you open the trunk from the outside it is looking right at you. Should I lay it down so it faces up or maybe turn it around to face the seats?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 608
the way you already have it is the way I'd mount it.
remember you're still only dealing with one 10" sub from what you're saying, and a sable has a pretty well sealed trunk
try adding another 10W7 and amp, and/or vent the rear deck of the car so air passes more easily from trunk to cabin.

Anonymous

Thanks for the help. When I drive around I always lay the back seats down to vent the trunk. I can't imagine having another sub and amp, this one hits really hard as it is...:-)

Post Number: 616
I hate having to put back seats down in a car like that
I refuse to do it heh it's too ghetto to me.
I'd rather vent the back deck and recover it with acoustic-transparent material (headliner material) so it's all nice and stealth
that way I can toss things, people, pets, etc in teh back, too.

Username: Josh_heller

Post Number: 18
Where can i get acoustic-transparent material from?

Anonymous

acoustic-transparent material is just material you can't see through but air can pass through easily. (the stuff used in your car headliner is fine) You can get some at most places that sell fabric.

Post Number: 631
yup or any custom van conversion shop. those places have all the good color matched materials for interiors of cars.
usualyl cheap, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us