Bose Lifestyle 28/35, subwoofer PS48 sounds like a helicopter or machine gun

Username: Jaesto

Post Number: 1
I have a Bose lifestyle 28/35 with a PS48 subwoofer. It has worked great for a while but all of a sudden it sounds like a helicopter or a machine gun. Something like "tha tha tha tha tha tha" I have disconnected the media untit (AV28) form the subwoofer, one speaker at a time, and all sorts of combination. Does anybody know what the problem could be.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 564
Where is the sound coming from? All speakers? One particular speaker? The subwoofer?

Post Number: 2
The sound comes from the center speaker and the subwoofer. No sound comes from any of the other four speakers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
So if you disconnect only the center channel speaker from the system what does the sound do? Stay the same from the subwoofer or disappear?

Post Number: 3
If I disconnect the center speaker the sound then comes only from the subwoofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
Sorry for all of the questions but we are getting close to an answer I think.

Is it possible to disconnect the PS 48 without disconnecting the speakers? If so, what happens?

Post Number: 4
the soobwoofer PS48 has a cable that connects it to the media center AV28. It does not make any diference if that cable is disconnected or not, the sound remains. Wires for all 5 speakers come from the PS48. There is no way to disconnect or bypass the subwoofer. I wish I could to be able to test the system without the subwoofer

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
That does create a troubleshooting problem but I think this noise has been narrowed down to the PS 48 or the wires. How far is the run between the media unit and the subwoofer? The best chance of fixing this problem is that perhaps the wires are picking up a noise. Can you reroute the wires?

Post Number: 5
I would doubt the problem is the wires because if all speaker wires are disconnected from the PS48 the noise keeps coming from it. Obviously no sound from any of the 5 speakers because they are disconnected.

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
Then the only other thing before taking it back to Bose for service is to try plugging it into AC power at some other location that is on a different circuit.

Post Number: 7
Jim:

I have tried connecting it a different AC circuit and no luck either. The problem is that Bose charges an arm an a leg to fix it. I am not sure if local electronic repair shops can fix that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
It is likely that any reasonably competent repair guy will be able to find out what is wrong, the issue would be if they can get parts. It is certainly worth a try!

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 42
hey jae how about dumping the bose and starting over again,

sell it on ebay..
I'm sure jim and I can recommend something way better..
sorry to ruffle some toes but your better off
jim knows, and sound quality would vastly improve ..if you do let us know a budget....
if not try a local repair guy to test whole system.

vince

Username: Ahorratel

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 2
Tu problema esta en la tarjeta de amplificacion. La del medio la que tiene todos los conectores para las bocinas.

Cambiala.

Username: Cometamayor

Post Number: 1
No sound from The LR speaker on the acustimas channel(ps28 III) if I plug the speaker cable into another input the speaker has sound.

Any advice?

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15987
The LR channel does not always have sound unless dictated by the unit. If you have a test cd that will send tones only to the LR channel then you can narrow it down if it is a unit probelm or a signal issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us