Blu ray video run through AVR or not.

Bronze Member
Username: Diggytooth8

Post Number: 19
I have a Marantz 6005 AVR. I was wondering if it is worth the extra $ to buy a Blu ray player with dual HDMI outputs so i don't have to run video through my AVR. I can use one for audio and one for video directly to the TV.
Thoughts?

Username: Nutpi

Post Number: 1
HDMI is the convenience and give you better sound and picture quality. I have my entire home theater connection using HDMI cables.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 414
yes just one hdmi into reciever
then one hdmi out to tv

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2803
I believe the 6005, like the previous model 6004, has direct passthrough for HDMI in to HDMI out. There is no reason to suspect any signal loss with any high quality digital video signal going through the receiver via HDMI. I would not, however, rely on this receiver to adequately convert any high quality analog component signal to HDMI. In that case, I would run component video directly to the TV, bypassing the receiver entirely.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Thank you.
I haven't purchasd the Blu ray yet. Is the video signal from a blu ray, via a hdmi, digital or analog? I presumed it is digital. If so, it sounds like your advice is to run 1 hdmi to the AVR, then 1 HDMI to the tv, which has hdmi ports by the way.
Thanks John.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I think I understand running a signal out of the component out on the blu ray is analog, and going out of the hdmi is digital. You choose which one to use depending on the quality of the signals i.e. how good the blu ray player is.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2804

quote:

I haven't purchasd the Blu ray yet. Is the video signal from a blu ray, via a hdmi, digital or analog?

HDMI signals are digital including both video and audio signals.

quote:

If so, it sounds like your advice is to run 1 hdmi to the AVR, then 1 HDMI to the tv, which is a domestic, which has hdmi ports by the way.

Yes, as vince mirabelli's post recommends above.
I think you understand running a signal out of the component out on the blu ray is analog, and going out of the hdmi is digital. You choose which one to use depending on the quality of the signals i.e. how good the blu ray player is.R/}
For Blu-ray movies, the only output/input to use is HDMI. }

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Thanks John, I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums