Please help a NOOB

Username: Ziggyk15

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone. Think a lot of you guys are great with the advice. Here's my question:

I just bought a new projector and I am looking to get a receiver and speakers to make the best a good system. I'm not looking to spend a ton of cash on the system and need at least 3 component inputs/1 output. The only one I can find is the Denon DHT485XP.

Anyone have input on other systems? Should I look at getting a separate receiver and speakers? HELP!

Post Number: 2
Sorry, quick edit....I don't need a dvd player in the package, I have one that I would like to hook up.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 136
well the HT package you are looking at is as good as any.

As to seperates on "not a ton of cash"...Its kinda hard to say, I dont know what a ton of cash is to your mind, your not gonna be able to go seperates on a 700 dollar budget like the denon HTiB your looking at, but if you feel you can spend more than that let me know roughly how much and i'll make some suggestions.

Post Number: 3
Michael.

I would like to spend less than 800 dollars. I plan on upgrading in a couple years but don't have the cash right now to get the 5,000 dollar system that I really want. I figure the Denon, for 450ish is a good deal. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 142
ahh okies, Yeah i was looking at the Suggested retail on the DHT 485DV.. suggested retail of 699

The xp's suggested retail (minus the dvd player) is 549 so your still getting a pretty good deal.

With the 800 buck cap, if your not going to be looking to build for awhile, I would say go for the denon system, and give to someone as a hand me down when you are ready to upgrade.

Not really anything in the system you can build on, but you're not going to touch a reciever you will want to keep and a complete 5.1 speaker package for 800.

Your only alternative would be to buy a receiver and some decent surrouds to use as front speakers and add on over time, but thats kinda a pain in the a$$ particularly if your just looking for something for the here and now.

Yup, sounds like HTiB is definitley the route for you atm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us