Home Receiver question

Username: Dude479

Post Number: 1
I would like to setup a Dolby Atmos in my living room. Speakers involved would be 4 ceiling speakers, 2 tower speakers and the tv speakers. The tower speakers are 250w so I bought an external amplifier to run those. I decided on buying a Denon receiver after some research and have analyzed to the best of my ability the speaker terminals offered for 7.1. My external amplifier is a Niles 2100 that I bought off of Crutchfield and requires analog preouts. From what I can see (Denon AVR-X1200W) there is a zone 2 pre out. Now, the plan is to connect the zone 2 pre outs to the external amplifier. Again, these are for the tower speakers that I would like to constantly use while listening to music or watching a movie along with the ceiling speakers. Ceiling speakers are Polk 8" around 80w rms so the receiver will work great for those. Will I be able to set it up this way and be able to use Atmos?

Additionally why I chose 7.1 is because I was planning on connecting my receiver to patio speakers as well. I would use the external amp to run those but my external amp needs to run the tower speakers since those are rated at 250w rms and my external amp is way more powerful per channel so I can not use a home receiver for those. I remember that some receivers have a speaker A and B so I was hoping to be able to run the patio speakers by themselves (receiver would not be sending power to anything but the patio speakers at this time). Is there a way to do this?

https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/avr-x1200w
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_190SI2100/Niles-SI-2100.html

Username: Admin

Post Number: 11335
Unfortunately, the Denon AVR-X1200W doesn't have "main" pre-outs. That's what you'd need to connect an external amplifier to be used in your Dolby Atmos your 7.1 system.

The Denon's Zone 2 pre-outs can be used to power the patio speakers with your Niles amp separately. But there is no A/B option to use them in your main system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us