Durabrand

york1444
Unregistered guest
I was looking at buying a Durabrand Home Theater at Walmart, the $50...wanted to know how much am I going to spend in wiring or anything else to get it to work...
Is it ready out of the box, or am I going to have to spend another $50 in cables and stuff...

Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HT-440 home theater system and I lost the remote for it. I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could order one on the net.

darth vargi
Unregistered guest
Everything should be in the box already if it is a HTIB solution

teresa
Unregistered guest
Help! Bought a Durabrand HT 395 and hooked it up to a 28" RCA TV and SONY DVD player (both fairly new) and now the TV rolls frequently and we often get a distorted band across the top of the screen. We do NOT have a VCR attached. Any ideas? The rolling is driving us insane. By the way, the sound is excellent. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 18
How did you connect it to the TV?

Teresa
Unregistered guest
My husband hooked it up. Right now, I can't tell you any specifics. I'm wondering now if it is the TV because I've found a lot of info about larger RCA TVs rolling.
All of the speakers work well, but the image rolls whether it is a DVD or Playstation 1 game. The games only roll rarely. I'll post again when I have more details. Thanks.

Teresa
Unregistered guest
Our HT 395 is hooked up according to the diagram on page 13 of the manual, without the optical cable. Our box did not include an optical cable. We have one video cable running from the HT video out the the back of the TV, video in. We have one video cable running from the DVD player video out to the HT video in. We have one coaxial cable running from the DVD digital/coaxial plug to the coaxial plug in the HT. We experience frequent rolling of the screen and occasional distortion across the top of the screen. I've noticed the TV rolling with certain sounds in the DVDs. Any ideas? Should we use a different cable configuration?? Thanks!

wathomas777
Unregistered guest
Teresa, Two questions.

One, is your center channel speaker sitting directly on top of the TV? If so the magnetic cone of the speaker may be interfering with the picture tube. If you have a "cabinet" that the TV is in (like a home entertainment center) stick the center channel speaker on that, or mount it on the wall in line with the left and right fronts.

If that isn't the problem, then don't use the video portion of the HT at all. It's not necessary.

I am assuming that your RCA TV at least has two video inputs. Even my 170 dollar RCA 27 inch has one Svideo jack and two sets of video inputs (RCA)

If that is the case, run SVideo from the DVD (purchase an Svideo cable, it is worth it) and then Hook the PS-1 to the video jack in the front of the TV directly.

My RCA can't use the rear RCA video-in jack and the SVideo input at the same time, so to hook up my VCR, I have to run the RCA video input around the back of the TV and plug that into the front Video Jacks.

The point is, if your TV has enough video inputs, don't bother using the HT's video in and out jacks. If you have the open jacks on the TV, hook all your video inputs directly to the TV, and then use the HT for sound processing only.

Hope this helps.

Teresa
Unregistered guest
Thank you for all the helpful hints! We are going to try this as soon as possible. I appreciate the time you took to address my problem in such detail. Thanks again!

Unregistered guest
Have a Durabrand dwt1304 TV atached to a RCA vcr-plus.
Cannot locate code number to operate the tv with RCA universal remote to record

gleepsie
Unregistered guest
i have a durabrand dwt1304, and can not get the 'game'/'external input' to actually show the video from my playstation 2 onscreen

gleepsie
Unregistered guest
i have a durabrand dwt1304, and can not get the 'game'/'external input' to actually show the video from my playstation 2 onscreen

Anonymous

show d I buy from 2almart? Do they ship fat? Do they ship safely? Are they return poilicy good? I want buy a tv a computer and a sapeaker system from them is the durabrand nzmameany good? How about a 199 computer complete? 40gb sempron 2200 128 whoping megabityes of ram ddr kind is that a good gderal?

Anonymous

WTH?

Jeff G
Unregistered guest
I have puchased a durabrand ht-395 and when I hook up my dvd player the screen randomly cuts out every once and a while. It does not, however, do this when my x box is hooked up to it. I tried moving my speakers away from the tv (though if this were the problem it would do it with the xbox too, right) and that did not solve the problem. My tv has only the antenna plug-in on the back so I do have to run the feed from the reciever through a converter, so I can't hook up the video through some other port. What can I do?

Anonymous

I am thinking about getting a Durabrand T'V set, are they any good?

Fluffy White
Unregistered guest
Well it seems that I can not find anyone else who has had the same expirience as me, but I will be contacting durabrand shortly about it. A few days ago I had my $50 Durabrand reciever in subwoofer case playing. When I started to turn up the volume, I heard a crackle. I turned it off and saw?heard a pop from the middle of the plug. Then, a small puff of a flame came out the front of the sub's tube. After a hurried debate of what to do, I quickly threw it out my window (second floor) and promptly extinguished the flame. Weird huh?

laagrindle
Unregistered guest
i have a sts75e durbrand surround system wonder how hook it up to a tv

Anonymous

We purchased a Durabrand TV set in January 2004. In February 2005 after a power surge, we are unable to turn on the TV. Could you please give us the name of a repair store in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, where we can have this problem fixed? Thank you.

Anonymous

I bought a second hand Durabrand TV at an auction. (it was a good price!) But when I got it home, the remote didn't work despite three battery changes. Any suggestions?
Jo

Unregistered guest
Just wondering if you found the code for this tv to program your remote with. I am having the same difficulty. Thanks.
John

Ed drouin
Unregistered guest
where does the woofer go i bought ht 395 second hand with no instructions. thanks

Unregistered guest
Any codes for STS98 home theater system for the One For All universal remote control?

Martin88
Unregistered guest
Does the Durabrand ht-395 from Walmart play DVD +R/RW? Just wanted to know before I bought it. Thank you.

Andre71
Unregistered guest
I bought a second hand Duranbrand Home Theater System (HT-395). I tried to connect TV, VCR and DVD to the system so that the sounds will go through all the speakers. The perfect sound going through the speakers when I played DVD, whereas big noise occured when TV and VCR were turned on. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand DVD player with Karaoke and the DVD player works great but the Karaoke will not play store bought cd-g Karaoke cd's. Just wanted to know if anyone has had that problem and knows what to do to fix it. Thanks.

not a redneck
Unregistered guest
only rednecks and people on welfare buy stereos at walmart (and sing karaoke heehaw)

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 805
Only rednecks feel the need to put others down cause they got nothin' better to do.

walmall blows
Unregistered guest
sounds like youve been hittin the moonshine jojo

Unregistered guest
I need to locate an instruction book for my 20" durabrand tv

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 13
what do want to know

Got yer redneck
Unregistered guest
Oakwood, Ga. talk about rednecks, isn't that the
redneck capitol of the world.

Got yer redneck
Unregistered guest
Oakwood, Ga. talk about rednecks, isn't that the
redneck capitol of the world.

Username: Bradfocker

Post Number: 1
The Durabrand HT 395 is not a dvd player. Just a sourund sound system. Mine works great. I have a HT 400 to. Both are good for the money.

Unregistered guest
is there a universal remote code for a durabrand home theater system with a dvd player

Username: Untouchablecat

have a durabrand HT3916 system. It's for a renter home. what is the max. spacing each speaker should be to get best sound.

Unregistered guest
i bought a durabrand dvd home theater system and tried to hook everything up my dvd/cd player worked with the speakers but my tv did not workwith the speakers i have a 52 inch rca hdtv equipped tv please help

Anonymous

I would like to know if Durabrand has any webpage and if these products can be purchased outside a retailer.

Anonymous

I would like to know if Durabrand has any webpage and if these products can be purchased outside a retailer.

VG
Unregistered guest
I have the durabrand home theatre system 100 watt 5.1 channel surround sound system and i got it at walmart for the family for christmas. The first time i hooked it up the left front speaker wouldn't work but then we tried the speaker in a diferent jack in the back of the subwoofer and it worked fine. SO i took it back and got another and it has the same problem can some tell me if im doing anything wrong

Andbyn
Unregistered guest
I got a new MP3 Durabrand player for Christmas, and I CAN'T GET THE SONGS ON IT! It's saying that I need to go into "My Computer" then go into "Removable Storage" section! But I don't have a Removable Storage section in"My Computer!" So... how do I get the songs on? This MP3 is very confusiong to use, and I've been trying to get it working for a long time, now! Please help!!!!

Anonymous

I recieved as a gift a Durabrand DVD Home Theater System and I have a PS2. It is anyway that I can hear the games that I play through the system. I notice that my system only have Audio out. Can you Help me.

Username: Ghyni

Bayamon, Puerto Rico Puerto Rico

I recieved as a gift a Durabrand DVD Home Theater System and I have a PS2. It is anyway that I can hear the games that I play through the system. I notice that my system only have Audio out. Can you Help me.

Unregistered guest
i received a durabrnd dvd with surrond sound but the sound only works with the dvd player it will not work on only the tv does anyone know why

Unregistered guest
I received a Durabrand Home Theater system HT-3915 for Christmas. When we installed it one of the speakers did not work. We moved the speaker to another jack in the subwoffer and it worked. So one of the subwoofer outlets does not work. What do i do???

give me a brake
Unregistered guest
bring that f u c k i n piece of s h i t walmart crap back to the store and get a real home theater in a box you cheapskate

Commonsense
Unregistered guest
Wal-Mart = Low prices
Low Prices = Low quality
Low quality = cheap
cheap = junk

get the picture? Think of Wal-Mart for Toilet Paper and Underroos not Stereo Equipment.

Besides Wal-Mart has sold America to the Chinese right under our noses. They close down our manufacturing plants and replace them with Wal-Marts for us to work and shop at. What happens next? Check your labels, ya cheap bastids.

Kletus
Unregistered guest
Wal-Mart: Official Home of NASCAR

'Nuff Said

Anonymous

I lost the remote to my durabrand ht 395 home theater system and would like to know if my direct TV can be programmed with the code to control it. If so, does anyone know the code to this system. I have found where I can buy a replacement remote but it is definitely not worth that.

Username: Lions6958

Where can i get the Durabrand Home theater system ht-395?Upload

Username: Suzywear

Standish, Michigan USA

I love my Durabrand Home Theatre System STS98RW. I bought the display model WITHOUT the remote control....I didn't think this would be a problem, but when I hooked it up I found the SUBTITLE button is "ON" and now I have no way to turn it off. I knew I would need my receipt for the unit, so I put in a safe place..now can't find it. Or I would have the company send me a new remote under warrenty. ANYWAY does anyone know if I can use a universal remote...and what kind. I have a Phillips universal and it doens't list Durabrand as a brand in it's codes.

Username: 5hawk1985

I have a durabrand tv and on the screen it has a message, EEPROM ERROR PLEASE CHECK, any idea what this means?? Other than the message the screen is black and the tv will not turn on or off.
Thanks!!

Username: Jeaux_jeaux

Go to durabrand.com, there you'll find the remote you're looking for. It's the first one on top of the page.

Username: Midevilone

Try these remote codes for Durabrand tv's
This one (10463) worked for my DWT1304

Durabrand 10463, 10180, 10178, 10171

Username: Austin3028

Russell, Kansas United states

i have the durabrand sts98rw home system in abox with dvd cant find the code. does a code even exist for a universal remote

Username: Slimed

how do i get the playstation2 to work on surrond sound how to get tv to work on the surrond sound dvd player works but not tv

Username: Bjawilliams

I just bought a RCA rtd215 home theater system and I hooked it all up, all the speakers work well but when i have the dvd player on trying to watch a movie there is a black line rolling from left to right across my screen

Username: Khmerladiie

Faribault, Mn Us

i bought a burabrand dvd home theater system 5 months ago and it takes me about 4 or 5 clicks to open and close the dvd player and also it can't read any dvds or cd's i put in. everything works just fine like the on butten or volume and what not. i just can't figure out why all of a sudden it can't read any cd i put in

Username: Kellie0033

we just received a durabrand dvd home theater system sts96 without any instructions can not find any assistance online with it and getting extremely frustrated.....Unable to connect anything up....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Username: Tombrady1278

Post Number: 2
hi i have a regent htib ht-391 and i need to know the programming codes for it on a universal remote control because i don't have a remote control for it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us