AT&T Uverse and Surround Sound

Username: Greenad89

Post Number: 1
I am a AT&T Uverse subscriber. This problem seems to have stumped their techs. I wonder if someone could give me some insight.

I was the second subscriber on the new Uverse box a block away from my house.
I took the total package in HD.
The system was great.

Two months later, the day after the NCAA Final game to be exact, I noticed a scratchy sound underneath the audio while watching the local HD stations. Channels 1002 thru 1100 while viewing with the audio selection two digital out. Mind you this is how I always have listened to it. In 5.1 Dolby. The set top box has a on screen display which allows you to switch between Stereo and Surround Sound. In stereo everything works fine. In Surround Sound it sucks. But, before the tournament final it worked great.

Watching a blu ray my surround sound still sounds great, and I have switched hdmi inputs, and even tried an optical cable. Same problem persists. Now all surround sound channels are effected, not just 1002 thru 1100. AT&T swapped set top boxes. Still same prob. They ran me a new phone drop. Didn't help. I ran a new coax from there router too the set top box. same prob. I have change all cables. I have unplugged their router which come with a UPS battery backup, and allowed that too self power, taking my homes electrical out of the equation. Still same problem. Do you know a solution or have you heard such a problem before?

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1278
Greetings,

What are you using for surround sound? Make and model would be very helpful.

Post Number: 2
Pioneer SC-07 Receiver HDMI v1.3a
Hitachi P50x901 TV HDMI v1.1
Motorola VIP1225 Set Top Box

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/E liteReceivers/ci.SC-07.Kuro http://www.hitachi.ca/Apps/hitachicanada/content.jsp page=forhome/plasma_tvs/details/P50X901.html&path=jsp/hcl/hcl/en/
http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=c07ccf5a264b6110VgnVCM100 0008406b00aRCRD

Post Number: 3
this is a 5.1 connection
one center
two front
two reat and a power digital sub

sounds great with bluray as source

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1280
Can you swap the inputs at the back of the receiver for the Blu-ray player and at&t box?

Post Number: 4
I have swapped inputs. Changed to optical. I think it's an issue with the Uverse /Motorola transmission. Just wondering if someone out there might know about Dolby 5.1 surround sound issues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us