ONKYO HTS760 owners...help Please look thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Hwjchim

Post Number: 16
Hey guys. I have a S760 Home Theater in a box since March. So far it has been great. Until now!
I rearranged the living room and the entertainment system in the last 2 weeks and now
whenever I watch dvds, and I have it set on Neo Cinema or Pro Logic Movie, I can hardly hear any talking. I only hear music. However, whenever I change it back to Pro Logic Music or Neo Neo Music, I can hear talking along with music.
Before the move, I can hear the audio perfectly fine.
I already checked the wires once and they look good (along with the connections).
I'll have to check it again when I get some free time.

Also, I more question.
DO you folks use Speakers Set A and Set B or just Set A?
I was wondering if there would be any difference if I use both Sets as right now I use only set A.

Thanks.

Matt 734
Unregistered guest
question 1 when u put the pro logic on movie mode it makes the voices come out of the center speakers like in a movie theater but on music it comes out of the left and right like a stearo so something is probably wrong with the center speaker or its settings and why dont u use the digital audio?..
question 2 always put it on set A set b is if u want to put another set of speakers in the same placement

bhizzle
Unregistered guest
Scott, just so u know im having the same issue, I am gonna go home tonight and see if i have a problem with the center speaker, i'll get back to you. Mine is still new though, peace

b

Bronze Member
Username: Hwjchim

Post Number: 17
Well, I finally got around to checking it out.
I moved the wires around (in and out of the plugs) and now it works fine!
Weird. All I really did was take it out and then stick it in again.

Anyhows, it's fixed.

By the way, man it heats up fast. The receiver heats up really fast and it's real..real hot.
Is it supposed to be really hot?

It's_me
Unregistered guest
Onkyo's do run really hot. I installed a fan in the back of my cabinet. It helps a LOT! It will extend the life of your receiver as well. It's pretty easy to do and supplies are about $25. Go to Radio Shack and buy a 4" cooling fan and attach it to any power cord and plug into the back or your receiver. That way, whenever you turn your receiver on, the fan comes on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us