Pc to plasma tv connection

Username: Jisaners

Post Number: 1
I have a samsung 50" plasma tv with both rca and hdmi/dvi connections available, I am trying to connect a pc that has dvi connection available.
With my old 37" lcd tv I connected via vga cable with a dvi converter on the pc end with no problem. I have tried a similar setup on the new tv but with a rca converter on the tv end, result no signal!
Not sure what I am doing at all, so I really need some help. Has anyone got plasma to pc sussed?
Reading various posts in various forums I am even more confused, what I want to be able to do is view sky player on my tv, please please some one out there must have some answers.

Bronze Member
Username: Lion_cing

Post Number: 42
If you have Dvi connection on both ends (Pc and tv) you don't need a converter. You computer might need an update driver. another word Pc should reconize the tv when it's connected (as another monitor).
if nothing work then get a vga to dvi cable and connect it to the old cable you used with the converter
ps make sure the pins are same on the TV and computer/converter as the cable.

Username: Leomatrole

Post Number: 1
u do not want to hook ur computer to ur plasma. if u leave a image on a plasma too long it will create burn in, which ruins it....

Username: Thetechmagnet

Post Number: 3
Shutdown your computer and look at the rear of the case to determine the type of video connections that your machine has. Nearly all computers will have the standard 15-pin VGA output port. In addition, you may also find that your computer has an S-video port, an RCA composite video port, a set of three component RCA video outputs or perhaps even an HDMI output port.

Determine the types of video inputs that are available on your plasma TV. There should be a standard RCA composite input, a three-jack RCA component input and an S-video input. In addition, you may also find a 15-pin VGA input, a DVI input or an HDMI input.

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 205
your Plasma TV may seem liek a daunting task, but it's much simpler when you know which types of connection are available, and which ones you need—both now and in the future.

Thanks for...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15983
That's not exactly the assistance they needed now, did they?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us