Xbox 360

Username: Scoobydont

Post Number: 1
hi i was wondering if its at all possible to connect an xbox 360 to a yamaha htr5540rds av reciever,i havent got a hd tv just an old sony wega any help would be most welcome

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 774
Greetings Paul,

If I am not mistaken your Sony TV should have a "variable audio out" that could be connected to your Yamaha (AVR). Since it is an older set this would carry all of the audio going into the TV back out to the AVR.
If the TV doesn't have the audio out connectors then the Red/White RCA audio cables from your XBox should be connected to your receiver. That may take some RCA couplers such as:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040107 &p_id=685&seq=1&format=2

and a separate patch cable to reach to the AVR.

Hope this helps,

Post Number: 2
Thank you for your reply i will try this out as i now recall connecting the original xbox to this rather dated setup.While im here the reason ive asked this is so i can get better quality sound,i also have a bt vision box can this also be connected to the reciever and once again thank you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
There should be an RCA red/white audio out of your Set Top Box (STB) or as you say your bt vision box that can easily be connected to an input on your AVR.

Post Number: 3
thank you sir done and dusted im not very good with these things so your help was most kind.

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
And that, happily, would define exactly why this forum seems to work so well

Enjoy!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message