Onkyo 760 and speaker stand

Username: Swhang

Post Number: 1
I just bought the Onkyo 760... JR Radio for $449, including shipping.

What types of stands or wall mounts would you guys recommend? I am especially concerned of how to place the rears. Is it advisable to place it onto the ceiling? It's about 9 ft high. Is it true that the speakers need to be at ear level? If so, then the ceiling mounts are not a good idea.

Anonymous

I bought it too and I have the same question. Check www.dolby.com they have the best way to hook up a 6.1 system. They recommend for the back speakers aprox 2 to 3 feet up the ear level and facing each other instead directily to the TV.
Sounds confusing but check out the dolby webpage it makes more sense there.

I was looking at the front speakers stand AS-510 at www.onkyo.com. Not sure if it works because the size is 6" wide by 7" deep and the HT-S760 speakers are 7 1/2 wide by 8 deep. I sent the Onkyo people an email asking if the stands are recommended for our type of front speakers. I will let you know what they think.

Anonymous

I just picked up the S760 which I think is a fantastic deal. Did you guys figure out which stands complement the speakers?

Thanks

Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 7
I picked up some swivel wall mounts at Wal-Mart for 7 bucks a pair for my surrounds, they worked very well. I mounted them about 2 1/2 feet above ear level and the sound is exellent after adjusting sound levels (+2db) and adjusting for speaker distance. The front center sits dead center of the entertainment center and I picked up 2 heavy metal/glass 28" tables at Pier One that put the fronts at ear level and the big thing I was worried about (vibration/rattling) didn't happen.

bjc
Unregistered guest
Did you end up getting the Onkyo AS-510 stands? If so, are they any good? I'm looking at them too since Onkyo is offering a pair free with purchase of the S770. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us