HTPC easy as possible

Bronze Member
Username: Oposky2006

U.S.A

Post Number: 24
Hey all,

I'd like a simple easy way to buy/build an HTPC with a Blu-Rey player to run to a good Onkyo 7.1 receiver that you all recommend. I want it as plain and cheap as possible nothing fancy. The HDTV I think I'm getting is a Sony with the new 24 True Cinnema or something like that.

http://shopper.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/sony-kdl-40s5100/4014-6482_9-33485063.htm l

I'd also like ease of use with REW and whatever else you all think I may need/want.

I want to do a true 7.1 surround with Blu-Rey...and I want to do the Exodus MTs, MTMs, or MMTs... but I don't know the difference. Also, Kevin isn't designing them anymore but Dyohn might. Help there as well would be great!

I just ordered 2 Behringer EP-4000?#39;s for the subs!

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 51
Well, right off the bat you're aiming for confliction when you say you want it plain and cheap but want to have 7.1 and blu-ray. Those two demands in an HTPC dictate the type of MOBO you will need and the respective chipsets.

In order to get clean sound and blu-ray video you'll need to start with a worthy case, a quiet clean PSU and a stable mobo. Just off the cuff those three items will put you in the $400 range not including the CPU or ram and BD or HDD.

There may be another way around this depending on what your goal is for the HTPC. Is your idea to be capable of bringing internet to your TV or mass storage only? For reference look at what we were building at www.rocputer.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us