I need some help here- Phillips LCD & HTiB

Username: Cldormer

Post Number: 1
I have a question about this equipment I bought nothing fancy,it's all from Wal-Mart.

I replaced my old 27" tube tv with a 32" LCD but I had just bought the HTiB about a month before. I had both the cable and DVD playing in surround sound and I LOVED it. So I decide to upgrade to a LCD and now- NO possible way that I can figure to get the cable to play in surround sound.

Is there any way to get the cable-(analog....ugggh) to play through the surround sound like my DVD's do?

I'm using a HDMI cable to connect the DVD player to the TV and it works great.

My cable is just that- a coaxial cable that connects to the TV, no cable box or anything. I just have basic family cable and HDTV isn't available here.

Now I did have an older 27" tube television that had a set of audio out that I used a set of RCA's to connect to the home theater-(TV Audio IN) and this let me have surround sound on while watching cable. The new LCD doesn't have this option, the only audio out it has is a single RCA the says Audio Out Digital. Does that mean it will only work if I have digital cable??

All help is appreciated, and I'm glad I found this board!!

Thanks,
CLD

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2238
­
"Now I did have an older 27" tube television that had a set of audio out that I used a set of RCA's to connect to the home theater-(TV Audio IN) and this let me have surround sound on while watching cable. The new LCD doesn't have this option, the only audio out it has is a single RCA the says Audio Out Digital. Does that mean it will only work if I have digital cable??"

The purpose of that RCA audio out (aka SPDIF or coax) is to send the digital audio out to an external source that has been received from over-the-air signals on the TV's antenna input. So even if your HTiB had a coax input this wouldn't work for audio on basic cable. This leaves you with three choices:

1) Use an external cable-ready tuner in a device that has R/L analog outputs on it, such as a VCR.

2) Upgrade your cable sevice to include a cable box that give you the same type R/L audio outputs that your old TV had.

3) Status quo. Be happy with the TV speakers for cable, and enjoy surround sound for DVDs only.
­

Username: Tema

Post Number: 1
hello there.. i can't lie i know a bit about technonlogy but im new to home theatre systems! i recently bought a 42 inch samsung tv an i bought a panasonic sa-pt450 dvd home theatre sound system.. i tried to wire it up a while ago an had no luck so i left it therefore mixing up the wires that came ewith it with others i cant find the manual either please help me! im looking for the easiset way to wire it up 2 my tv so that whatever runs through my tv (sky,dvd etc) the sound will come out of the home theatre speakers basically the easiset way to wire it up to my tv, also im working with 1 hdmi cable and i have 1 audio cable ( im nt good with the names the 1 with the white and red wire from both sides basically ) in addition to the wires that come with the system..im not to concerned bought quality at this stage i would just like the thing to work with what ive got to use what can i do? any help will be apreciated thank you .

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 147
I couldn't find your model number on the Panasonic web site but perhaps I can be of some help anyway.

Hook the red and white wire to the audio output of your Sky box and into the Panasonic this assumes that you already have a connection from the Sky to the TV. Then hook the HDMI wire from your Panasonic to your Samsung TV. You did not mention any other components so other than the speakers you should be done.

You should then be able to watch a DVD or change inputs on the Panasonic to listen to the Sky box.

Hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us