Sharp 26" LCD to OLD Receiver

Username: Toastermaface333

Post Number: 1
hey there,

I am new to this site and i am in need of some help. I have a Sharp 26 inch LCD tv and i am having trouble connecting it to a Marantz 4270. I cant get the sound from anything (playstation 3, various other game consoles, and the VCR). I have audio cables that fit into both the TV and the reciever, but they just dont seem to work together. any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 408
Start here and come back if you still need help http://www.ceaconnectionsguide.com/

Username: Toastermaface333

Post Number: 2
that was nice, but it didnt have any suggestions. It also did no list all of the ports available on the TV. under the HDMI port is a "headphone jack" that headphones can plug into. there is also (next to the S video port) was a digital audio out port (coaxial output)

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1813
­
Alex, you should have an analog stereo out on the TV. Connect these RCA R/L red/white outs to any high level input on the Marantz (anything except "Phono"). Then select that input on the receiver's front panel.

I can remember lusting after that Marantz back in the 70's.
Never had enough money for it though.
­

Username: Gbbailey

Post Number: 3
I could be wrong, but many of the LCD tvs do not have analog audio outputs. They just have digital outputs. They do have audio inputs. Check to see if the RCA jacks on the tv actually say output. If I remember correctly that is a stereo receiver so you only have two channels. Your gameboy, VCR, and other game consoles audio outputs should be plugged in to the receiver audio inputs to get the sound to the receiver speakers. The video outputs get plugged into the tv if you have enough video inputs on the tv. If not you can get a switch for the video cables.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us