Kenwood VR6050 - Surround Sound problem. Please Help

Username: Frankken

Post Number: 1
Two days and no progress - please help. :-) Here's my setup.
TV-SVideo-DVD Player
Kenwood-Digital Coax (Video2)-DVD Player
All speakers hooked up - 2 front, ctr, 2 rear, sub
Test tone works
DVD player set to Bitstream, 48, DD, DTS
Saving Priv Ryan DVD set to 5.1 digital sound. (The other option was Dolby Digital 2.1)

NOW, my receiver picks up stereo and DD Prologic. What am I missing? I want to get 5.1 SS. Thanks.

Post Number: 2
I now get all 5 (plus the sub) light up on the display. The movie's running but still no sound from the center and the rears. The display says Coax Dolby Digital.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 184
Whats the model number on that Kenwood and DVD. You sound like your very close. Digital Coax (Video 2) this is strange, no digital DVD input on receiver.

Post Number: 3
Kenwood is a VR6050
DVD is Sanyo Cinema Progressive (DTS Digital Out, Dolby Digital).
There is a "Digital In" section on the back of the Kenwood. I have a cable from the coax video2 there to my Sanyo's coax digital. So, I selected video2 as my Input. Video's great. Sound is great from the front speakers. But I would like to get surround sound 5.1

Post Number: 4
more progress -
I turned on speaker equalizer and active equalizer. I now get the Rear and Center speakers light up on the kenwood display. The display also says Coax Dolby Digital. BUT no sound yet from center and rears.

Username: Dragonfoe

Post Number: 1
I own one of these units and I could not get my surround to work until I setup the surround system through the instructions in the manual.
ftp://inform.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/VR6050.pdf
Give this a look, it shows how to set it up properly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us