Cadence speaker review/advice? A-15s, S-15s, C-15

Username: Rector

Earlville, Illinois

Post Number: 6
Hi, I recently purchased a Pioneer VSX 24TX Elite receiver for both home theater and music. I am considering a new set of speakers but I'm on a budget and would like to know if anyone knows about the Cadence Cinema series speaker and how they compare to other speaker sets. These include the Cadence A-15 3-way towers, the Cadence C-15 MTM center channel, and the Cadence S-15 sattelites. Any feedback or advice? You can reply to my email at Floyd_Crook@hotmail.com also.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12105
Uhm, what kind of budget are we talking about here? The cheapest Cadence I know of are about $2,000.00 a pair.

Or are you referring to the ones they sell on ebay or the speaker kits?

Earlville, Illinois

Post Number: 10
Hi, I am talking about the a-15 towers, s-15 satelites, and c-15 center channel, they are supposed to be a cinema series and are listed both on ebay and ubid, I'm thinking about getting them from ubid but seek some feedback as I never heard of them, though they look ok. Here's what is listed about them: Features and Benefits
CADENCE A15 TOWER SYSTEM
DIGITAL CINEMA SERIES

DTS/DOLBY SYSTEM COMPATIBLE.

DUAL 6.5" TITANIUM FINISH INJECTION CONE WOOFERS WITH BUTYL RUBBER SURROUNDS.

HIGH POWER SPECIALLY WOUND ASV VOICE COILS.

BULLET PHASE PLUG TECHNOLOGY FOR ACCURATE REPRODUCTION OF THE MIDRANGE/MIDBASS SPECTRUM WITH POINT SOURCE REALISM.

1" SILK SOFT DOME TWEETER WITH FERRO FLUID COOLING FOR CRISP SMOOTH SOUNDING HIGH FREQUENCY RESPONSE.

EACH TOWER HAS ONE BUILT-IN, SIDE FIRING 8" SUBWOOFER.

DAMPENED, HIGH DENISTY DEEP CHERRY WOOD FINISH LAMINATE CABINET WITH HAND RUBBED, HIGH GLOSS, BLACK PIANO FINISH, BEVELED FRONT BAFFLE.

REMOVABLE CLOTH GRILL.

5-WAY BINDING POST BANANNA STYLE TERMINALS.

THE INTERNAL CROSSOVER UTILIZES AN AUDIO GRADE MYLAR CAPACITOR FOR SMOOTH TWEETER ROLL-OFF.

DUAL PORT, BASS REFLEX DESIGN WITH FLARED PORT TECHNOLOGY.

INCLUDES ANTI-VIBRATION BRASS FLOOR SPIKES.

DIMENSIONS: 43.5" H x 8" W x 12" D

The cabinets are all internally cross braced. The bottom loaded 8" woofer is mounted in its own independant chamber, built-in to the towers. The black high gloss front baffle has a piano furniture finish. The sound is absolutely spectacular. Deep bass, clear midrange and smooth highs. Great for music or home theater systems where you want your presence known.

POWER HANDLING
50 - 400 WATTS

FREQUENCY RESPONSE
30Hz - 20KHz

IMPEDANCE:
Recommended with receivers rated from 4-8 ohms.

Please check your receivers impedance load capability. Some older receivers may not be capable of low impedance loads which may result in damage to the receiver under certain conditions.

SENSITIVITY
92dB

Warranty
2 YEARS AGAINST MANUFACTURER DEFECTS.

Standard Notice
Each Tower is double boxed with styrofoam reinforcment for extra protection during shipment. Due to the heavy weight each tower is shipped in its own box. YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BID ON TWO SPEAKERS TO GET A PAIR. YOU WILL RECEIVE 2 BOXES.

Package Contents
2 X 3-WAY TOWERS with BUILT-IN

Ship Restrictions
SORRY NO SHIPPING TO CANADA, ALASKA, HAWAII OR PR. NO INETRNATIONAL SHIPPING.

Originating Warehouse: Supplier's Warehouse

Questions? Click here for more information on Shipping.

Shipping Weight: 38 lbs

Manufacturer Part Number: A15 TOWERS ONLY

Bronze Member

Earlville, Illinois

Post Number: 11
Oops, forgot to mention the budget, anyway I am seeking to get what I can for around $200 or so on either ebay or ubid. I was also looking at the SDAT LEB-404/405 Hi-Fi 5-Piece Speaker Set for $134 (free shipping) but couldn't get enough feedback. Although I would like to know how they compare to the Cadence Cinema series, but so far I'm still considering the cadence over the sdats. I have a set of wharfedale rubiance spearkers, but only have the rear towers (one woofer one tweeter) that I am using as fronts, and diamonds for satelites, and a rubiance center channel, they sound ok but not great. Right now I still have a Sherwood AV receiver with a right front blown channel, I have a Pioneer Elite VSX 24TX on the way, which is supposed to be a nice beginning top on of the line receiver which is thx certified. I don't think the sdats are good enough to replace the wharefdales, but I've never heard them either. So what I'm considering now is just seeking a nice set of front floor standing tower speakers that sound nice (with two woofers and a tweeter). But I may want to go the whole 5.1 with the cadence speakers if they are really good.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12107
Try these instead.

http://www.fluance.com/

Username: Psychobrew

Post Number: 1
The Cadence speakers sound really good connected to a Pioneer VSX-816 reciever. Very clear, natural, rich and detailed. These speakers don't suffer from the nassal affect in vocals either.

On the downside, the cabinets do not pass the knuckle test, the binding posts could be higher quality (but they work well enough), and bass is occasionally on the boomy side (though I am not yet ready to blame the speaker for that because I have not taken the time to set them up properly and it could just be the room I have them in). Overall, I'm impressed with the sound. You could do much worse for the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us