Surround sound problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Shuck

Charleston, Il

Post Number: 1
I just got a new Yamaha HTR-5930 receiver to replace my old one. I have an Element FLX-3202 LCD TV. I am having trouble with the volume for the surround sound coming out of the TV. I have L and R compsite cables going from the TV's audio out to the receivers TV/Cable input. When I turn up the volume I have to turn it up about 80% on the receiver to hear anything at all. I have my DVD player hooked up and my PS2 hooked up and the volume and picture is fine with them. When I turn the TV's volume all the way up it helps a little but not much. The funny thing is on my last 2.1 receiver I had the cables running from the same TV's audio out to the receivers AUX port and it worked great, the speakers on the TV didn't sound great so I hooked a pair of headphones up to mute them. That is what I don't understand with the old receiver I didn't need to mess with the volume on the TV and I could turn my old receiver up 45% and it was loud the new one I can't get much sound, anyone know what is going on?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 374
Well, ,maybe it'd be better if the TV had a fixed audio output. THat is always failsafe for me. I once accidentally hooked it to the phono in of my receiver and it was really loud, my fault. Well I'm guessing it's probably just some minute thing that once you figure out is stupid. At least that's usually the case..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us