Logitech X-530 for Surround Sound

Unregistered guest
Tell me if this is a possible solution for using my X-530 PC Speakers as my TV Surround Sound System.

I will connect to the input of the Logitech 5.1 Game Console Adapter the 3 cables from the speakers (Front, Rear and Center/Woofer). The adapter produces 2 outputs, that can be plugged into the "2 audio in ports" (Left and Right audio) of the tv/dvd player.

Here is the link for the adapter:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=100 36

Will this work ??

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 82
That will not work. You are wanting the sound to go from the speakers to the TV. No, as the speakers are not the source of the noise.

Instead, hook up the RCA plugs into the audio out of the TV. Much better. But be warned though, it will not be true 5.1 surround sound, as the TV doesn't do surround sound, hence the left and right red and white RCA plugs. Nothing extra there. It will be ProLogic either I or II. So simulated surround sound, but not true.

Username: Tonike

Post Number: 1
How about, If I connect x-530 speakers by using the adaptor with RCA connectors to 5.1 multichannel A/V receiver (with DD, DTS etc.) input, does it produce real surround sound?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11372
You only get true surround sound if your source is in surround. If not your DTS/DD receiver will only split up the signal to all the speakers.

Username: Tonike

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny, thanks for reply.

I meant, for example, if I have PS2, Logitech X-530 and multichannel A/V receiver with DTS/DD/PL2. And I make the connection like this:

PS2 -> receiver (using optical cable)
X-530 -> receiver (using adaptor and composite cable with RCA-connectors red/white)

The PS2 is capable of producing DTS/DD, but I am unsure if the receiver can handle the signal correctly to the speakers. Isn't the same signal going to all the speakers?

For instance, when you connect "real" speakers to receiver you connect them to their own channels (surround, front, center, sub).

So, I thought the idea of the receiver is to divide the certain bandwidths to each speaker/channel.
But in this case is there only one signal going to all of the speakers?

Hope you understood what i meant. I just wanted to know if this set-up works properly.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11407
Tonike,

Once you connect the PS2 to the receiver, its job is to decode the digital signals coming from the digital cable(optical). From there it will distribute the signals to the separate speakers. If your receiver has the optical connection there really is no need to use the Logitechs.

Username: Chris1989

Post Number: 1
hey there,
just a small question that will save me a lot of headache, i have a home theatre system, it is a pinoeer one, and i make beats on this computer, and i want the sound to come from the surround sound from the home theatre, the chords coming out of the spx have a plastic protection on the end of them and u just insert them into the DVD/CD player, what i need to know is if there is a way i can connect my sound card from my computer, to the DVD player/ receiver so that the sound is coming from the new speakers, bcoz i can buy a convertor or anything if one is needed, thanks very much it would help me a great deal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us