Turtle Beach Rivera to A/V Receiver to Logitech X-530

Username: Kickcup

Post Number: 1
Is it possible? I would like to do as title of this thread, Turtle Beach Rivera 5.1 sound card to my Kenwood A/V receiver and then use Logitech X-530 speakers. I can at least see that the first connection is possible (From my sound card to receiver using optical output). However, I have reserved feeling connecting A/V receiver to Logitech X-530 speakers for sound output. Many thanks in advance for your help and comments.

Kickcup

Bronze Member
Username: Jaday

SC

Post Number: 25
I'll be honest that I'm not as familiar with those speakers, but are they meant to just hook up to the headphone type audio output on the back of the computer? There is an adaptor that takes a pair of stereo RCA plugs to a headphone jack, so you could just use like the "TV Out" Stereo output on the receiver, hook up the adaptor, and then run the headphone type plug into the speaker system?

Post Number: 2
Logitech X-530 is meant for PC, XBox, DVD, etc. I do have speakers that came with the receiver originally, but they are bulky and ugly. That is why I was considering Logitech X-530. It produces decent sound, small footprint and eye pleasing design. I have a small livingroom so it blends well also. The speakers have 3 connectors (black, green and orange) that usually goes into PC sound card.

I really hope there is a way to achieve this.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9294
If you are going to use the Logitch as your main speakers, hookng them up to a receiver of any kind is not going to yield any more desirable results. Forget the receiver and just connect the Logitech to your PC.

If you want anything more substantial than that, you need to get better speakers designed for home audio to use with your receiver.

What were you hoping to achieve by connecting the Logitech to the Kenwood? Better sound, perhaps louder? If that is your goal, you will not achieve it by using Logitechs.

Bronze Member

SC

Post Number: 26
Alright, then it depends on the back of your receiver. The only way you can really get it to work is if your Kenwood has a 6 Channel Output. You'll still have to use the mini-Stereo adaptors (3 of them), but it just depends on how nice that Kenwood is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9296
Even if it does have a 6 channel analog output it will not sound any better than what the internal amp of the logitech can provide. It may be louder, but not better, you have only the limitations of the Logitechs to work with.

Bronze Member

SC

Post Number: 28
Yeah Berny, you're right... the logitech isn't the best way to go, you can do alot better just having home theater speakers hooked up to the receiver, but you could make it work, if you really wanted to..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9298
Ooops, I wrote that wrong:-)

What I meant was...even if you do get an adaptor that will work with the Logitech and then connecting it to the 6 channel analog output of the Kenwood, you are still using the Logitech as the main amp and speaker output source. What you have done is just use the Kenwood as a bridge. Your source is still the PC and the amplification is still provided by the Logitech.

What happens here is that you get a digital signal source from the PC...connecting it to Kenwood decodes that and breaks it down to analog output...Logitech gets analog signal and amplifies it for output to Logitech speakers.

As opposed to a PC direct source with analog outputs connected directly to Logitechs. Simplicity!

Jason...if you want to use the Kenwood as your main amplification source for your Logitechs, you have to bypass the onboard amplifier of the Logitechs and connect the speakers directly to the speaker outputs of the Kenwood. I will highly discourage that, though.

Post Number: 3
Wow,

Thank you so much for your comments and tips. I do understand that the speakers would not perform any better by using A/V Receiver. My intension was to following:

Connect my PC, VHS, DVD and CATV to A/V Receiver for video in.
Connect Logitech speakers to the same A/V Receiver for audio out.

Connect 32' Samsung LCD HDTV to PC and A/V Receiver (for non HD programs) for video out.

This way if my wife wants to watch a movie without having to turning on the PC, she could still enjoy 5.1 surround sound of Logitech speakers.

Also, using A/V Receiver, frees up TV connection ports since one s-video cable takes care of all video sources except HD programs. I would use HDMI for that.

Alright, I confess. I was going for the cheapest speakers I can get and my wife and I like the small footprint and design of this particular speakers. I am cheap!

Thank you guys!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9373
Nothing wrong with cheap:-)

What model Kenwood is it?

Does it have pre-amp outputs, like James asked?
If it does, then your work will be a lot easier, You can just get stereo phone jacks to RCA and connect it to the Kenwood's pre-amp outputs and you are easily in business.

Post Number: 4
I will check that out.

Thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 9496
Jason,

How goes the set-up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video