Front speakers placement

Username: Zulhansem

Singapore, Singapore

Post Number: 2
I recently renovated my living room to accomodate a bulit in home theatre centre. The home theater centre was on a wall partition in the middle of the room. My rear speakers was mounted on the wall above where my sofa is. My front speakers are mounted on the opposite wall behind the partition. It this okay? Pls help.

rgds,
zulUpload

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1392
Zulhansem'

Are you using three-screen in your home cinema, and if your not and are using the mismatching concept, change the centre channel for a matching one.

Also the front three-screen channel array, should be placed all at the same height, across the horizontal plane, do not place the centre channel on the floor this will muck the sound up, completely, do not place the centre channel above the left and right, it will muck the sound up completely.

Sound panning in the movies is a technique, a technique where a voice is moved or panned by the re-recording mixers to create realism, if you where to place the centre above or below, it will not only sound crocked and out of place.

Check out "Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith" "now we should leave before more security droids come" as the emperor voice moves from centre to right channel without and high peaks or dips in the sound.

Give this a go, and if you are using mismatching fronts, I would get another to complement it with the other channels, the centre channel is just as important as the left and right, and it can at times, have twice as much power going to it as the left and right channels put together.

Ashley
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us